Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Exciting news and had to do his own laundry!


May 20, 2013
Hello hello,
  Well exciting news this week! Apparently Jonathan beat up the mail man and went and got a ring for Italia?? Interesting... hahaha That's sooo exciting! I'm so sad I have to miss their wedding but its alright I'm doing the Lord's work down here in Alamogordo haha (but really) ;)
   So not too much has happened this week. Our investigator kinda dropped us and told us she wouldn't be coming to church for a while after we taught her the word of wisdom and she understood she couldn't be baptized until she could commit to living it. Kinda sad but we will still be visiting with her. We found some new families to teach yesterday and were very excited about that. We will have to see how the first lesson goes! 
  We finally had to do our own laundry this morning so we woke up at 4 to get it done so we could drive up to Las Cruces and play some ball with all of our zone. so I'm here at the New Mexico State library with most of the missionaries in our zone, lol, we look funny I'm sure.
   So the other day I got to wake up to a cockroach crawling on me...... exciting I know. Don't be too jealous now haha that's New Mexico for you I guess. well I hope all is well with everyone and you're all in my prayers! love you all and have a great week!
Love, Elder Espinoza

If you are wondering what exactly he means by "beat up the mail man" here ya go-
 So Italia, his sister, was actually waiting for her mission call to come in the mail last Thursday. Which they always come on Thursdays around here but it didn't come.  Well, Jonathan (her boyfriend) had decided he really didn't want her to leave after all  so he  hopped in the car and drove here from Idaho all night so he could propose to her before her mission call came. And that he did. He beat the mailman, not actually beat up the mailman lol! Interestingly her call still has not come in the mail and we have been told that it was issued on May 10th. Must have been mean to be :)
Italia and Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment