Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, August 5, 2013

A wonderful week as usual!

August 5, 2013
Hey!
  So this last week was wonderful as usual. Being a missionary might be the greatest thing ever! We talked to quite a few people last week. We had two experiences where people wanted to have a debate about religion haha. Of course we are told not to bible bash but surprisingly they weren't bible bashes. They actually turned into teaching opportunities and new investigators haha! Its amazing what you can say when you have the spirit with you! Its also a testimony builder. The more you share the gospel the more your testimony grows. I've heard that a lot and have experienced for myself that it is true. It was very interesting to talk to those people and to hear their beliefs. Many were the same but theirs were just so empty and doesn't make that much sense. That's why I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Its wonderful to have the full restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Both times after the "debates" I turned to my companion and said,"Man, there's no way this Gospel isn't true!" It just makes so much sense and then when you the spirit testifies the truth of it to you it brings a comfort to your soul. I've seen it in my life and the lives of people I teach. The Gospel is for everyone and makes bad people into good people and good people into better people.
  I had the privilege of baptizing one of our investigators in the singles ward who we had to hand over to the sisters. It was sooo exciting cause that was the first baptism where I started teaching the investigator! Even though I didn't get to teach him the last lesson it was still a wonderful experience and I feel as if I have made a new life long friend. Tha'ts how I feel about lots of people in this area. There are soo many wonderful people here. I'm gonna be very sad to leave this area but good thing we have Facebook right? Haha.
One thing our Zone is doing this month is having a companionship fast every day of the month. The purpose of the fast is to find families to teach. Although my comp and I have not found a family to teach there have already been companionships that have. We had zone meeting on Friday and after, the whole zone goes out for lunch. Guess who got picked to fast that day? Yep, we did. Haha. It was pretty hard sitting at a pizza buffet and just watching everyone eat their delicious, saucy, meaty, cheesy, tasty pizza. Haha! But that night two families were found so it was soo worth it.
  Another day we went to a BBQ. AMAZING. Definitely the first person !'ve met on the mission who claims to make good ribs and actually does haha. Well not too much has happened here in El Paso other than that. Just trying to help bring people closer to Christ. My companion told me a pretty cool analogy. The military gives the people on the front line fighting the most the best weapons. the people in the back doing office work don't really get the best weapons. It can be the same for us. When we're on the front lines doing missionary work whether were missionaries or not, our Father in Heaven is going to give us his best weapons. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week :) Love you all!

Love Elder Espinoza


Elder Espinoza and Eddie. First Baptism from start to finish!
 

Elder Espinoza, Eddie, Elder Bushman

Us and the Sister Missionaries that took over the young single adult ward.

Us and Brother Gogan. He gets deployed this week :( Definitely one of our favorite families in this area. We are over there a lot haha.

Us and the Booths. They're from Ephrata Washington. They're called to serve in the singles ward. They're really cool and love us, haha, we were sad we don't see them as much anymore. 

Elder Espinoza got a surprise visit from Marcus Andros and a plate of cookies!
Marcus is from Washington and was visiting his in-laws in El Paso.

No comments:

Post a Comment