Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Which side are you on?

August 13, 2013
  So this week was a pretty good one as usual! Just trying to stay busy finding and teaching people. We found a wonderful family of three last week and we're so excited about it! They have a 9 yr old daughter who is autistic. They were supposed to be at church on Sunday but the husband had to work :( But the wife promised to come next week even if he was working lol. She seemed really excited about Relief Society. She was telling us how she was looking to join a womens group of some sort for support and things like that. I don't think it was a coincidence that we were planning on talking about the Relief Society that day!! We are looking forward to helping this family progress in this wonderful restored Gospel!
  I fall in love with this area more and more after every week. Its crazy that we are already in our 4th week of this transfer! We both hope we stay another transfer. If not i'll be very sad :( My companion goes home after next transfer so that's another reason why we wanna stay companions. We get along great and work well with each other.
  Last week our mission president and his wife came to our apartments and interviewed. We probably have the most amazing mission president out there! It was an awesome experience. Something he challenged us to do was to act as if Jesus Christ was our third companion out tracting door door in a white shirt and tie. Lemme tell ya that really makes you think about how you go about your day and whether you wanna get out and work or find something less productive and lazy to do. The thing I love about being a missionary is you learn integrity. No one is out there watching us making sure we're doing what were supposed to be doing. Its all on us. The thing is though, is that Heavenly Father is watching us. SCARY! Haha. Not really though. I think it helps us to be a better person when no one is watching. And also I feel like he's not watching us so he can count every time we slip up but to help us and comfort us in times of need. Being a missionary is probably the greatest thing ever and I wouldn't trade it for a thing.
Something I learned in scripture study this week is that God will not suffer his plans to be destroyed. Satan will not win no matter how hard he tries. Its almost like Oregon State trying to beat Oregon. It just ain't gonna happen ;) lol! But really, we need to decide which side we wanna be one. The winning team or the losing team. We already know whose gonna win. We just need to show by our actions which side we are on.
  I hope everyone had a great week! Love you all and thanks for the love and support. You're all in my prayers!
Love

Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment