Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013
So there are about three things going around El Paso right now. A stomach flu, really bad cold and head lice. So far I haven't gotten the lice and I really hope it stays that way!!! lol For some reason or another diseases and sickness spreads thoughout El Paso like wildfire! I've heard lots of different reasons as to why lol
The missionary work is going great though!!!! I feel pretty lucky to be the district leader of the Mt. Franlkin El Centro district at the moment. This district is doing absolutely wonderful! In this last zone training I had to account for our district to the zone and not trying to toot our own horn here but we definitely had the best month last month! lol ;) It really is a privilege to see this district improve in every single aspect this last month! Now we just have to keep it up and continue to show improvement as missionaries!
A challenge we were given at our zone training was to prayerfully pick a Christlike attribute we feel we could do better on and set two goals on how we plan on doing better. I would encourage everyone to take that same challenge and see how much of a change you can make in your own life and in the lives of others around you. Christ really is the best and ultimate example. He set the perfect example for us. We should all try our best to be like Christ. If anyone has access to a preach my gospel I would highly recommend reading the 6th chapter which is all about Christlike attributes. It talks about lots of them and then give you scriptures to study and things to think about. Its something that would only benefit each and every one of us!
So last week was another slower week than usual. Yet we still have wonderful lessons with people and are finding new people to teach every week! Its crazy how when we do what we are supposed to and have the spirit with us we will be lead to places where someone who needs the gospel is. (Which is EVERYWHERE) But its our job to open our mouths and overcome that fear and just talk to people. We have a wonderful promise that all we need to do is open our mouths and it will be filled. I've seen it just about everyday. My favorites are when we are knocking on a door and the people pull up in the drive way and were just like, "Oh boy get ready for the awkward moment!" haha but it never is. Cause we open our mouths and things just always work out. its great!
We have a baptism coming up on the 23rd. We are really excited for that! I feel like that will be my last Saturday in this area! I reallllllllly hope not cause I just love this ward! I wouldn't mind being here for a few more transfers lol But we will see!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful week! Love you all!
Love, Elder Espinoza

ps. Congrats to Chiawana and Richland for putting an end to those Spokane football teams! Payback! ;) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment