Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Always having a prayer in your heart.

            11-18-14
So my first week in Enchanted Hills has been a great one!! Its fun being in a trio, haha, except we are still trying to figure out the best way to get all of our showering in on time and with hot water for everyone, lol, so its fun.
I was able to meet many of the investigators and one seems really close to being baptized. She has never accepted a date but we are going to try this week and I think it will go well :) She has been struggling pretty bad with her older son and asked us to come and bless her house, so that was a good experience for her. We also watched a Mormon message called “Good Things to Come” by Elder Jeffrey R.Holland. It was my first time watching it and it was really good! The spirit was there very strong and we have another appointment with her tomorrow with really good fellowship!!! So things should be going good for her :)
It has also been VERY cold down here! Well, probably not as cold as back home but hey I was in El Paso last winter, so I'm not used to all this cold weather. The wind is what makes it really bad honestly. Cuts right through ya haha. The weather here is just crazy though. Its pretty warm today which is nice.
So this week Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge from the 1st quorum of the Seventy is coming to our mission. He has written some amazing talks! So we are all very excited! Also, there is this sister serving here for a few transfers who was called to the Temple Square mission and was asked to play the violin as a special musical number. Well, someone lied to her and told her I was "good" at the piano and so she asked me to play with her, haha! I have definitely gotten a lot better on my mission but I guess we'll just have to see how this goes! We are playing A Poor Wayfaring Man Of Grief which is one of my favorite songs so I'm excited about that :)
I started reading the Book of Mormon again and this time I am going through and only highlighting anything that has to do with prayer. Its been amazing so far and I cant wait to get into more scripture!! I think I have learned the true meaning of always having a prayer in your heart. We literally can always pray to our Father in Heaven. He just sits up wherever He is I am sure and waits and waits to hear from us and I am sure nothing pleases Him more than to hear from us, even if it is the smallest thing. I truly feel if anything is important to us than it is important to Him as well :) Anytime we ever had/have a prompting to pray it, is the Spirit teaching us that we must pray. Any time we have a doubt on whether to pray it is from the adversary. So next time you are contemplating on whether or not to pray remember who it is that wants you to pray and who its is that does not want you to pray and most importantly who you will be pleasing when you make your choice :)


Love Elder Espinoza
First Snow!



No comments:

Post a Comment