Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Seek for commitments to extend to ourselves that will bring us closer to God

                                                                                      November 4, 2014
   Transfers last week always make the week go by faster! We now have two new sisters in the district. One I served around when she first came out in the field and we go home together! So I was pretty excited about that! The other one is new and she seems like a really solid missionary. Super prepared!
   So today is the Los Lunas Zone Turkey Bowl haha I’m pretty excited about it! They picked 4 captains and I got to be the first! So I don't have much time to email today cause Los Lunas is pretty far and we have to be down there early! I think my team will win, not gonna lie ;) hahaha
   I love this time of year. It’s starting to get cold down here and the leaves that we have are turning colors!
   So District Meeting topic was helping investigators make and keep commitments. Its chapter 11 in PMG (Preach My Gospel) I believe. But it was definitely a good one and what I felt my district needed as well as my companion and I. It talks about how to extend commitments and promise blessings and testify and follow up. But then I kinda started thinking about how we kinda need to do that to ourselves and the Lord. When we as missionaries extend commitments to investigators it should be things that we have sought inspiration for  what they needed to progress towards baptism but we can do that to ourselves individually as well. Seeking for commitments to extend to ourselves that will bring us closer to God. These commitments invite our investigators to repent and it works for us the same. We ALWAYS need to repent and to change things we do to conform our life to live more in harmony with the will of God. Following up is also extremely important. An analogy PMG uses is not following up is like buying a ticket to go to a concert and then not going to the concert. How ridiculous does that sound? Pretty dang ridiculous! I can’t think of anyone that would do that! Now imagine that but on a spiritual level which is definitely more important than a concert. We also need to follow up on commitments that we give ourselves. That is truly how we show the Lord we want to change certain things in our lives. Anyway, I hope that made sense sort of!
   Well sorry this is so short again! Love you all and hope you all had a Happy Halloween! 
Love Elder Espinoza
PS. Congrats to Chiawana for killing Pasco like that! whoop whoop!

My pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment