Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, September 2, 2013

One of the greatest things you can do!

September 2, 2013
  So this week was wonderful!!! We had two baptisms on Friday and our mission president was able to attend. The spirit is always sooo strong at baptisms. It always pleases our Father in heaven when His children take upon themselves the name of Christ and make those sacred covenants with him. Sometimes I cant help but be jealous of them because when they come out of the water they are perfect! But then I remember the same thing happens to us every time we take the sacrament and renew those covenants with Heavenly Father.
So the baptisms were wonderful and the confirmations were also great. I had the opportunity to confirm one of them. It was my first time doing that so I was a little nervous but then you just give a blessing as the Spirit directs so its really not that scary haha.
  We've been very busy teaching lots of lessons! Its wonderful to see people progress and how the Lord blesses their lives when they live in accordance with his will.
Last week we also had lots of pretty crazy news! First off...well, I'm pregnant! I'm getting a son tomorrow! Haha! Basically all it means is I got called to train a new missionary! I love my new mission president he really has a sense of humor. He told us at the training meeting that,"Being a trainer is the most important calling you can get as a missionary. No pressure." haha. I'm very honored that the Lord trusts me with a new missionary!!! I'm so sad that I wont get to be with my companion till he goes home next transfer but also very excited to train! Also I will be staying here in good ol El Paso for another two transfers while I train. I was just glad I'm not leaving this area haha. I love this area! Its gonna be hard to go when the time comes. I feel as if the Lord has been preparing this area for a new missionary. Missionary work has picked up so much these last few weeks. We are expecting many baptisms these next few months. Cant really think of a better place to train a new missionary!!! Missionary work in general is picking up across the world. Its so wonderful to be a small part preaching the Gospel during this time.
  Well I hope everyone had a wonderful week! I sure did lol. Being a missionary is probably one of the greatest things you can do. Good thing every member a missionary huh? ;) Get to work! Love you all have a great week :)
Love,

Elder Jaden Espinoza


   
The Jones family took us to a really nice steak house.
Definitely one of our favorite families!

   Our district at the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment