Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Some neat experiences

September 9, 2013
  Well this past week has been a pretty crazy one with transfer and all that fun stuff! Our president made a lot of changes in this mission. It was sad to see a bunch of people leave but its all what the Lord wants. He is hastening His work!
My new trainee/greenie/son whatever you wanna call him is fresh outta High School. I got one of the 18 yr olds lol. It's awesome to see how the Lord is preparing the youth to serve missions at a younger age. His name is Elder Peterson from Riverton Utah. We have had an awesome first week! This area really is perfect for a new missionary to see the Lords hand at work. I'm just lucky I was called to train! Training is a lot of responsibility and you really have to be on your A game. Its kinda funny though cause shouldn't we always want to be on our A game? We always have people looking up to us and watching our every move. Most importantly the Lord is watching our every move. We always need to be our best so we are ready for whatever it is he throws at us. We are all on this Earth in these latter days for a reason. The Lord must trust us to hasten his work...Scary huh? Haha'
  So last week we had some really neat experiences. This lady has called us a few times to give her and her dad a blessing. he had not been doing good and actually passed away a couple nights ago. But the night he passed away she gave us another call and asked if we could give him a blessing cause he was not supposed to make it though the night. I got asked to give the blessing. I was pretty nervous/scared cause I didn't really know what I was supposed to say to someone who was incoherent and gonna die soon. Luckily we are not really the ones who is giving the blessing. we are just simply tools in which our father in heaven uses to bless his children. So after I gave him a blessing she asked for a blessing so we gave her one. Her sister was there and is not a member and up until that point had been anti religion. The other two times we came she apparently left before we even got there but that night lots of miracles took place. She actually accepted the offer for a blessing and so did this other guy who is the same as her about religion. The one who actually was a member kept thanking us and telling us miracles happened that night. Sometimes its just crazy to think of yourself as someone who brings the spirit into peoples homes and blesses the lives of people in their time of need. Obviously its not really us its Heavenly Father but that's why its sooo important to always be in tune and worthy of the spirit. It not only blesses your life but others around you.
  Well I hope everyone had a wonderful last week. Thank you all for the love and support! Have a great week:)
Love;

Elder Jaden Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment