Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, September 16, 2013

So this last week was AWESOME!

September 16,2013
 So this last week was AWESOME! It rained every week day! I'm pretty sure El Paso got more rain that week than it ever has in a year. The bad thing about rain in El Paso is that it floods. really bad. Things are still flooded. Some roads got washed out. It was actually pretty cool haha. If the Texas wildlife guy wasn't there I might have tried to walk across one of the washouts. Glad he was there hahaha. The rain was very very nice though! Things are actually kinda green here now. Nothing like Washington green but really green for El Paso haha. The city will have a fun time trying to clean up after the rain!
This week also was pretty interesting. Pretty sure I met myself in about 65 yrs. This guy was absolutely hilarious and you could never tell if he was being serious or just kidding. Ask my mom or my sister about that haha :) we also met this old lady who kept telling me she bet ALL the girls flirt with me and how I'm so handsome and this and that. Kinda awkward haha. I think she hadn't had anyone to talk to except her dog for a while. She was very nice though! El Paso is full of really nice people. I don't think i've ever had a door slammed in my face or someone be flat out rude to me. I like it here. Don't know if Id ever wanna live here but being a missionary here is awesome! Training is going great as well. Its a challenge but its good for me! Hopefully for my companion too...lol. He's liking the area as well.
 We have some new investigators that we will start working with. With one of them it will be soooo important to have the spirit with us so we can teach by the spirit. Without the spirit no one could ever learn of truth. We also aren't perfect teachers so we rely heavily on the spirit. I think we all should no matter what we do. There's a quote I like and I don't remember who its from or how it goes but basically it says something like ,"Regardless of your talent you will never be successful with out the spirit." Then you have to stop and think about what it REALLY means to be successful in life. How much money you make or nice things you have? Or how happy you live with your family in this life and the next? I've realized since I've been on my mission that people that have this Gospel in their lives and are not living it are NOT happy. Then they remember the last time they were happy and realize oh yeah I guess I was attending church and reading my scriptures and saying my prayers daily. then they realize that doing those things invites the spirit into our lives and guess what? We're happy again! Its crazy though cause its so simple to understand yet so difficult to do sometimes. Lucky for us we have the atonement to help us overcome our downfalls!!!
 Well good luck to Tali and Jon! I'm so sad I will not be there for their wedding but I know I am where I'm supposed to be- doing the Lords work :) Also, I heard Great Grandma Hyde passed away :( I'm also sad I will not be there for the funeral but I'm glad we know where she is right now and that she is being taught the everlasting gospel :)
Love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Jaden Espinoza


No comments:

Post a Comment