Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21, 2014
Hello!
Last week was a crazy busy week! We taught the most lessons we ever have and also have the most people we have ever had on a baptism date. This week should be even busier than last. It's almost a little overwhelming how many people we have to teach but not in a bad way. If there is such a thing as being overwhelmed in a good way? Haha. We had stake conference last week and were blessed to have Elder Marcus B. Nash of the 1st quorum of the 70. It's amazing to see how inspired our church leaders are. Really, the only thing that was talked about was hastening the work of salvation. We had our mission president and his wife speak, the temple president and his wife speak, our stake president and of course Elder Nash. Their theme was all the same. I don't feel as if enough people understood what they were all saying. That the prophecy of the Lord hastening the work of salvation is being fulfilled right now. They just made it all seem so real. I know some people understood but some didn't and so I'm trying my best to help them all understand what was really said at that stake conference. It was probably the best and most inspirational stake conference I have ever been at. I also have never been to a stake conference where it went 15 minutes over but it was amazing. It's not too often that we have a general authority speak to us and how amazing it is to watch him receive inspiration for what needed to be said. Also the last thing he talked about was what President Monson has really been pushing lately and that is three things that the family should be doing. The crazy thing is is we all already know we should be doing these things and that it's important. But if the prophet is really reiterating it right now, we must need to be doing a better job. 1.) Have morning and nightly prayer DAILY as a family 2.) Read the scriptures DAILY as a family 3.) Have family home evening WEEKLY. The blessings he promised were amazing. So I would encourage everyone to follow that counsel and even if you are see if there are any ways that you can better what it is you are already doing. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment