Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

There is safety in reading the scriptures.

January 14, 2014
Hello,
Last week was definitely a better week than the week before! We taught a lot of lessons and committed more people to baptism! We have 5 people on date and are hoping to set at least two more this week! We had weekly planning yesterday where we basically plan out our week and set goals for how many lessons we want to teach and what not. It was pretty crazy how many people we are teaching! One of our main worries is time! We will most likely have to split a few nights this week which is always good I just hate missing out on any lessons! But the work here in this area is just crazy! Its so exciting to find new people to teach that are really wanting to learn more about Jesus Christ and His gospel. This last week we also have received the most referrals Ive ever had in a week and its sometimes difficult to go and try to contact them when we are so busy teaching lessons! Its definitely not a bad problem to have that's for sure haha We should be seeing lots of baptisms coming up in this area. I hope I never leave lol! You would think after being  in an area for 7 months it would get old but not in the El Paso 1st ward! It is sad though cause its that time of year for military people to get moved around so lots of people are moving out :( But! lots of people are moving back in as well so I guess it kinda makes up for it haha There were also lots of changed in this zone last week. My district was the only one that didn't change lol But half of my district from the mtc is in this zone! So none of us can wait to go play basketball together so we can see each other again! Its been a long while since some of us have seen each other! Very exciting!
So a while back I started reading the Book of Mormon and one thing that I really noticed this time around was how precious it was for them to have scripture. They sacrificed so much to go and get the brass plates from Laban and afterwards they thanked God and immediately searched them from beginning to end. Nephi talks about how precious they were to them and how they knew it was wisdom in God that they should have them. I'm sure he could not express on paper how much they meant to him. After realizing that, I've come to realize how I have totally taken the scriptures we have for granted. We are so lucky to have what we have so easily accessible to us. I could not imagine life without the scriptures and especially the Book of Mormon. Before my mission and even during I have often thought how awesome it would be when we will get all the other scripture that's missing and how much deep doctrine will be in there. That would be nice I cannot lie but what we have is obviously enough cause I don't think there is any person who does not constantly learn something new or have a new light on a certain scripture. What we have really is a blessing from God and is totally wisdom in God. There is safety in reading the scriptures cause when we do really all were doing is inviting the spirit in our life to teach us and bring things to our remembrance. I hope a goal that everyone has is to study the scriptures daily. Only good things will come of it. Well I hope everyone had a great week and once again thank you for all the love and support!
Love Elder Jaden Espinoza 

 The Fox Family moved to Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment