Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 11, 2014

So we had the baptism last week and it was amazing!! The Spirit at a baptism is like none other. The actual baptism itself is so short and simple yet the Spirit just bears sincere witness to everyone there that what that person did was the right thing. The talks at the baptisms were also amazing. Very very spiritual. This ward seems to be becoming very missionary minded. The talks on Sunday were all about missionary work. The guy who introduced the Nelson family (the ones who were baptized) to the gospel spoke and kind of talked about his experience. It was so inspired because there are many people who have friends they want to talk to but they're too afraid or something else is in the way. Our ward mission leader talked after that. He had like 5 minutes to talk and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life. It was so obvious that he was filled with the Spirit and was telling the ward what they all needed hear. You could just tell that it wasn't really him speaking. It was amazing to watch. The Spirit filled the room it was so awesome! I think a lot of people know what they need to do now. LOL.
So this weekend we will have another baptism of a young girl whose family are all members but she was never baptized while they were in Hawaii. Her father is in the army. They're from Micronesia. They are really nice people! She always wants to feed us every time we go over its pretty funny. She's way nice. We actually talked to the missionaries in Hawaii who taught their daughter and they told us that this family didn't go to church very much in Hawaii but since they've been here there hasn't been a Sunday that they haven't been to church and its amazing to see how the gospel is blessing this family. So transfers is this coming week . I've said that I felt like I was leaving the last three transfers but this time I REALLY feel like I'm leaving and I REALLY don't want to! I'll probably cry if I have to leave, haha. I love the people here in this ward, it truly is an amazing area to serve in. Whoever the new missionary is will be one lucky kid, haha. But who knows I could stay here again. I hope so!
Well I heard it snowed in Tritown, thats pretty cool! The weather here as been pretty nice...like in the 70s all week, haha, but it would be nice to have a little snow! Well I hope all is well for everyone back at home! Thanks again for all the love and support!

Love Elder Espinoza

 The Nelsons

No comments:

Post a Comment