Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, February 17, 2014

I got called to be a zone leader!

February 17, 2014
   So crazy story, my companion got a call to train a new missionary which means that he will be staying and I will be getting transferred. There was still a high possibility that our area would get split and that I could go to the other side. But the next day I got a call to be a zone leader which meant I would either go to Las Cruces or Albuquerque. So I texted my bishop and asked if I could share my testimony on Sunday cause I'm leaving. Then, an hour later the 1st counselor calls and asks me to give a talk. Then I said wow it would be so funny if I ended up staying and that I would feel stupid telling everyone over the pulpit that I was leaving and then boom here I am next Sunday at church. Then Elder Hoggan and I started thinking about all these crazy things that would have to happen for me to stay and basically our zone would either have to split and have English zone leaders and I would stay here or they would have to change the zone leader area in this zone to 1st ward and change from Spanish to English. Anyway the more and more we thought about it the more we kinda convinced ourselves it COULD happen haha. So we were talking to the zone leaders and telling them our crazy ideas and they were like yeah no way that's never happening!! Well Saturday night we get a call for transfers and sure enough our zone got split and my area is getting turned into a zone leader area and I'm staying and getting another zone leader comp! CRAZY! haha But I'm really excited to stay and to be a zone leader it should be a good experience especially with the zone splitting and having two zones in one stake, there's just a lot of stuff that we will have to get figured out!
   So we didn't end up having the baptism last week :/ We're waiting so her Dad can baptize her which will be really good for their family so its alright! I'll still get to be here for it though!
   Also we have had pretty terrible weather here lately.... been in the low 80s :) haha well I hope all is well with everyone!!! Thanks for all the love and support!
Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment