Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, May 12, 2014

 
May 11, 2014
   Well I hope all the mothers had a wonderful Mothers day! I know I did cause I got to skype with both of mine! It was so nice to get to see my family I miss them all very much but it seems like they are all doing very great! :) I can't believe I only have 1 more time to Skype them. Kinda scary!
   Last week we had such an amazing miracle happen to us. We got a call from a kid in our ward telling us that there was this family wanting to speak with missionaries that showed up at the church. It was a half an hour before we had to go to district meetings so we went and met with them for a little while. At first I thought they were just looking for help but I was so amazed at how interested they were about the Church. I guess two years prior they had come to this very church building looking for help and a member took them to the gas station and filled their tank and gave them extra money as they were making their way to Arizona looking for a job. The husband had just gotten laid off of a really good job in Florida. But since then they have moved back and the wife has had some very bad health problems and has actually died for over an hour once but was brought back to life. She has questions as to why God would do that and why the heck are Mormons such nice and loving people and they were wanting to be a part of the Church. So Sunday comes around and they were all excited about coming to Church and they were so welcomed by the ward even I was impressed! A family invited them over to dinner that night. (On Mothers day!) And tonight the Bishop is having them and us over for dinner! We are so excited to teach them and to see them be baptized and join the Lords Church. They are so optimistic for their living conditions that they are in its incredible. Right now they are actually living in a van in the walmart parking lot where he works which is in our area and once a week they get a motel room so they can relax. They are such humble people its almost unreal but we can honestly tell that they sincerely wanna learn more about the Church and become part of the Lords kingdom here on Earth. They are going to be a wonderful addition to the ward. It makes me thankful for the wonderful life I was able to have growing up! Anyway it was a wonderful miracle that happened last week and we are looking forward to being able to teach them soon! Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love Elder Espinoza
 I got to meet up with my first companion Elder Becar!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment