Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Get out of the boat

06/17/14

Well I can't believe I totally forgot to email my weekly letter last week! It was a really busy Pday though. We had zone conference so the Pday before we have to wash and wax our car so we had to go get wax for our zone and make sure everyone did it right and all that . So our cars looked really good until it rained for a little a few days later, lol. But zone conference was amazing! Our mission president's talk was amazing. He talked about how Peter got out of the boat to walk on the water with Christ and how he showed so much faith by simply getting out of the boat. So his main message was to "Get out of the boat". It was really good. We have so many things that we are accounting for as missionaries and so many little programs we are doing and really we just need to get out of the boat and get a little out of our comfort zone and just do the things we know that will make us successful missionaries. He also related it to when his family would go water skiing. The live on a lake in Utah and always try to be the first ones out on the water so they go like in March or something like that and have to wear wet or dry suits. But every year I guess he asks “who wants to go out first?” And everyone is hesitant 'cause they know its going to be cold but finally someone says they'll do it and they jump in and before you know it they're on top of the water on skiis and its not so bad. Missionary work really is the same way for missionaries and members. WE all just have to get out of the boat to realize its really not that bad and its enjoyable but we should not lose faith like Peter did when the adversary sends the wind our way. He definitely does not want us to open our mouths at all and it pleases him whenever we get a prompting from the Spirit and don't act on it. So think about who is being please whenever you don't act on a prompting from the holy ghost to share your testimony!

We have transfers coming next week. We think Elder Reams is leaving :/ He has been here for a while now but hey, I thought that in my last area for 4 transfers in a row, lol. But we will see. We have stake conference this week and Elder Jones from the 70 will be here so I'm very excited to see what he has to say. I can already tell ya missionary work will be talked about!

Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love Elder Espinoza
June  Zone Conference
 

No comments:

Post a Comment