Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

                                                                                                                   10-21-14
Hello!
          So last week we had zone conference and the zone I am in now combined with my last zone for it, so I got to see everyone in my last zone which was sooo nice!  The main topic of zone conference was planning which is something I totally need more help on and is something that is so vital to missionary work and the longer I am on my mission the more I realize how vital it is to every day life.  I remember one time at a Mission Leadership Council our mission president said, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."  Its stuck with me ever since!  It makes complete sense to me.  We know that when Christ created the Earth he first had a vision, then set goals and then made plan and in those plans he actually went out and did it and now we are all here living wonderful lives full of blessings and tender mercies from the Lord.  Many of which we do not even realize!  So planning is now something I plan on making a part of my everyday life even after the mission.  Our mission president who is a very successful and wealthy man gave us so many examples of his life where he had a vision of something that he wanted to do.  Not like a dream vision but a vision of what he wanted to accomplish.  Then he set goals for how he was going to achieve that vision and made plans for how he was going to achieve goals and then boom.  Met his vision.  Its amazing how simple it is but how helpful it can be!
          We also got to watch Meet The Mormons!  And I stand by what I said last week that this might be one of the easiest ways to invite people to learn about who we are and the true gospel of our Lord and Savior!  It was an amazing video!  I would highly encourage you all to go and watch it with someone who is not a member.  I have already heard of many stories where people who used to completely shut out the church now want to learn more.
          So last week a less active member texted us and said his son wants to get baptized and if we could come set a date with him.  How awesome is that!? Haha!  So we went on Sunday and he told us how he was on you tube and somehow got to some videos that talked about hell and how it scared him so much and he did not want to go there!  All he knew was that he needed to get baptized.  It was pretty crazy to see how sincere and scared he was.  His eyes were watering up talking about it.  So we talked about how strong that feeling and emotion was and how much stronger and better the feeling is of having the spirit with you in your life.  So we set a date with him and I'm pretty positive he will be getting baptized sooon! :) 
          So the work is truly picking up here in our side of the ward!  Well I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)


Love Elder Espinoza :)

Sister Libbey and Beech and Elder Taylor and I at zone conference! Our zones were combined so I got to see my last zone! And Sister Beech was a Sister Training Leader who as ZLs you work with a lot but we both got training calls last transfer!

Our zone had a big get together last Pday cause we had to wax our cars for zone conference so my district decided to wear pink bandanas since we are a RS district haha building district unity!
From left to right is: Elder Gulbransen and I, Then Sister Johnson, Clark, Eldredge, Andrasko, Carter and Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment