Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Jump on that bandwagon of missionary work! It's the greatest work there is!

            10/14/14
Hello!
So last week was great of course! Our mission has these standards of excellence which is pretty much our mission presidents vision for us each week. Basically how many people we talk to and lessons we teach and so forth. So for zone training a few weeks ago it was on that and for my district meeting I had to do a zone training review and I seriously needed that. I feel like I had kind of been lacking a little faith in the standards of excellence. I have totally been in an area (El Paso) where Elder Hoggan and I hit the standards a lot! So I know its possible but I feel like most missionaries in this mission don't know that because our mission averages are well below the standards so I felt like they needed to be lowered but now I don't again and neither does my district now! It really was a spiritual meeting. I didn't realize how much I missed doing district meetings once a week! IT IS AMAZING to receive inspiration during your planning but also during the district meeting itself when you say lots of things that you had never thought of before or say something that someone really needed to hear. I'm not sure if I have talked about my district but its my comp and I and three sets of sisters! Haha! So mission slang would call that a Relief Society district which would make me the Relief Society president, haha kinda funny. Most missionaries would hate it but hey, sisters can be awesome hard workers and I have already seen so much improvement with these sisters! Also during the hymns it's really nice cause they sing nice and loud haha but you would think some of them could play any hymn in the hymnbook but I'm still stuck playing hymns! Haha! it helps me get better at piano though and learn the hymns so I'm not complaining.
So Sunday night I got to interview with my mission president and it was an amazing experience for me. I totally know priesthood authority and keys are so real and, as my mission president he can receive revelation for me and the Lord will inspire him to tell me things I need to hear. Its amazing to just sit and listen to him talk. He has helped me with so many of my struggles that I have had as a missionary and I have learned so much from him! I heard one time, from a man who works in the mission department and sits in the room when the apostles call you to missions, that the Lord puts you in a mission with a mission president who you would learn the most from!
Truly inspired work going on here! We have zone conference this week! I'm excited because I actually get to sit with all the other missionaries this time and take notes and learn, haha. It will be great! Also there is a rumor going around that we are going to get to watch Meet the Mormons! Hopefully! I've heard so many great things about it! I would encourage you to all invite your friends and family to watch it with you. It might be one of the best and easiest missionary opportunities that the Lord has blessed us with in this dispensation. So take advantage and jump on that bandwagon of missionary work! It's the greatest work there is!


Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment