Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, October 27, 2014

How to develop Christ like attributes

                                                                                                         October 27, 2014
  Well transfers are tomorrow but it get to finish training Elder Gulbransen which is something that I haven't gotten to do on my mission so I am pretty excited about that! It would be awesome to get to be comps with him even after this transfer but since I will only have two more left I feel like I am going to train again which would be awesome because then I won’t even have the time of day to be lazy when I get down to my final months!
 So miracle of the week!
 That same kid that has a baptismal date also has a 13 year old sister who is not a member. We went over to teach him and he wasn't there but his dad and sister were and his dad was like, "Hey this is my daughter and she wants to get baptized too." And she said, 'Um, no I don't" haha I about died laughing! But anyway we were finally able to convince her to sit down with us for ten minutes and then make her mind then. So we started off with who Jesus Christ was and the example that He set for us and then talked about the importance of baptism and by the end she could feel the spirit strongly confirming to her that his was something that she needed to do! It’s amazing what the spirit can do in just 10 minutes of testifying of our Lord. So now we have two people on a baptismal date for November 22nd! :) We are super excited to get the young men’s and young women’s involved with this and really help build and strengthen this ward!
    For district meeting this last week the topic was Preach my Gospel chapter 6  which is how to develop Christ like attributes which really is my favorite chapter in PMG and if you have not read it I would strongly encourage you too. You read about these attributes and how you can better develop them and it gives you scriptures to study and study activities to do on your own and with your companionship. It’s amazing to read about all of them and realize the weaknesses you do have which in turn should not discourage but encourage you to make those weaknesses strengths. My favorite scripture of all time is Ether 12:27 

 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

 which talks about why the Lord gives us weaknesses and how to make them stronger. It’s interesting in that scripture how Christ says pretty much if you humble yourselves and have faith in me then will make weak things strong unto them. So we don't make weak things strong by ourselves. The Lord makes them strong for us as we exercise our faith in Him and understand the need for His help in all things that we do. It’s amazing to see where we really should be with these attributes then realizing that Christ has all of them and is perfect. How great is He?? And being the perfect person he is he humbled Himself below all things that are worldly and sacrificed himself for us. So amazing to think about. It is common knowledge to Christianity that He died for us but when you break things down and understand each aspect of the atonement it really starts to amaze you. Anyway that's  sort of in a summed up version of what I learned this last week! Love you all and hope you have a great week! Have a happy Halloween!
Love, Elder Espinoza

Also! Congrats to Blake Whitby on his engagement. My boy is growin up! haha Super excited that he will be getting married the same week I come home!




Elder Gulbransen and I

 Elder Rosales and I. He was one of my favorite zone leaders and he ended up coming up the my zone for his last transfer!


The trees down by the Rio Grande turn really cool colors! I missed fall last year cause there are no trees in El Paso! haha

 Cool picture of the "river" here hahaI.




No comments:

Post a Comment