Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Last week was so great!

                                                                                                                                      01//21/15
Hello!
          Last week was so great!  Things in our ward are finally starting to come together with the ward council and the ward mission.  We are having our weekly coordination meetings with everyone that is supposed to be there in attendance. Not sure if I talked about how many areas will be closing when I go home but 20 areas will be closing!  Our mission yesterday got 1 sister missionary and 17 went home.  When I go home 23 will go and 4 will come out.  So our mission is downsizing and our bishop knows it and doesn’t want our area to close or have to share missionaries so he’s been getting tons of people to take the missionary lessons and keeping us busy!  It’s been wonderful!  We have also been doing a lot of finding ourselves and have this potential family of 5 to go visit on Friday!  We contacted the mom when she was doing work in her garage.  I have been really working on the quality of my contacts and making sure that I share something with them that is meaningful to me.  We have to keep track of our OYMs (Open your mouth) and in order for one to count you have to teach, testify and invite.  So working on the quality of that has been amazing for me.  When missionaries go home they go contacting for a few hours before and I always thought to myself how I’m going to do it since it’s going to be my last time and I’m just going to bear powerful and sincere testimony and invite everyone but then I’m sure it was the spirit that chastised me and asked me why I don’t do that now?  So since I had that little moment my OYMs our contacting skills have really improved.  It’s amazing to bear testimony to people you don’t even know and just feel the spirit that is there.  It definitely has more people interested.  I’m sure they are curious what it was that they were feeling.  So it’s been really fun!  
          So like I said there are lots of great things going on here!  I would love to have this area as busy and successful as was my area in El Paso!  So it’s a very exciting time right now :) Last night we met with this lady and the topic we all decided to pick was Christ like attributes which I though was neat since I’m doing the 9 week study of them.  I think one thing I realized last night while we had the lesson was how easy every single one is.  Like most of us know them and how we are supposed to do them but it’s SO hard.  And you can get way deeper into a simple attribute like faith or hope.  It just shows how the gospel truly is for everyone.  It doesn’t matter who you are, what you have done or where you are at in life.  If you don’t have any understanding about the Christ of anything then the gospel is for you and it can be made so simple for anyone to understand.  Also at the same time if you have a sound understanding of those things the gospel can be so complex and you can dive deeper into the simplest of things so that you are always learning. Eternal progression is an amazing principle. :)
          I heard about Nathan McBride :/ (click here to read the Tri-City Herald article about Nathan) I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose a brother like that.  But are we not so lucky to have this gospel and know exactly where he is and what he is doing?   In the mission you have things called emergency transfers that happen when something goes wrong.  Sometimes you can be the cause of them or you can be the one to go into the area and fix what is wrong.  I like to think of the missionaries that die on their missions as getting emergency transferred to the spirit world because someone else needed them a lot more than we do now :)  Kind of comforting and makes you wonder how special those missionaries are that the Lord needed them at that time.  Definitely will be sending prayers that way for his family.
 Well I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love Elder Jaden Espinoza

Really cool sunset the other day! Normally the whole mountain is red but only half of it was!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment