Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Some of the most exciting news of my entire mission!

                                                                                                                                                            01/27/15

          Well last week was pretty slow!  My comp got sick so we were out for a few days but now we’re back to work and ready to work hard!  Still good things happened last week.  Our ward council is pretty on fire right now it’s awesome.  They set a goal for each active member to refer at least two people to us for the entire year and it averaged out to 10 a month.... we aren't even averaging 1 a month right now so we are excited!  We will also be introducing these family mission plans to each family as well.  I did it in another ward and it did amazing things for the families that actually used it. We have members assigned to come out with us 5 nights a week now so things are going great in this ward :)  We were both asked to give talks on Sunday about sharing the gospel.  Sounds like we did a pretty good job I guess.  Missionary work just might be my favorite gospel topic to talk about. Not like I've been doing it for the past two years and have given tons of training's on it or anything lol ;) 
          So just found out probably some of the most exciting news of my entire mission!  Elder Jeffrey R. Holland is coming to our mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I remember when I first got here I had heard that Elder Christofferson had just came so I was bummed out because I didn't think I would be able to hear one come and speak to us.  I've had lots of general authorities which is cool.  Not only him but the Presiding Bishop is coming and so is Elder Christensen from the Presidency of the 70 so we got some big dogs coming through!  Also Elder Holland just so happens to be my favorite apostle so I am way excited!  I remember when he came to the Pasco Stake but I was a knucklehead back then so this time around will be way better!  He comes at the end of February so RIGHT before I go home. Tender mercy if ya ask me!
          Lately I have been so amazed at how the Lord works and as we submit our will to His will things will ALWAYS work out to our benefit even though we may not realize it at the moment it will.  I heard this story of this guy in our ward who works for big business and goes to all these meetings throughout the country and one time he was in Vegas I think and after the meetings he would go sit in his hotel and not go out because they would all drink and what not and he didn't like that stuff.  So one time he had a strong impression to go out with them so he called his wife and told her he was going and why.  So he goes and sees this guys who looks very homeless and has an impression to sit by him.  So he does and starts talking to this guy and turns out this guy was an RM and after he was home he fell into the wrong crowd and his family ended up kicking him out.  This kid didn't even know the guy that was talking to him was a member but he finally told him and also told the kid that he needed to call his parents right then and there and to make a long story short this kid recently emailed the member in our ward and told him he is now active and has a calling and is doing great. How amazing is that? What if this member did not follow the prompting of the Holy Ghost to not only do something he didn't want to do but to also go into a place where we as members probably should not be??  That kid could still be out on the streets right now. That’s just one story of the many that have blown my mind as to how the Lord works.  He has so many things in store for us and all we need to do is live our lives to be worthy of the companionship of the Spirit then follow what it prompts us to do :)

Love Elder Jaden Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment