Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

How do we become like the Savior?

February 10, 2015
  Well last week we had a wonderful miracle happen! A member brought a friend to church that actually lives in our area! I guess his friend was very nervous about coming to church. So nervous that he didn't really get any good sleep the night before! We talked to him after church and he was amazed at how much he loved being there! He even said how he didn’t even look at his watch once to check the time. That’s better than me! lol He completely agreed with everything that was being taught and said it all made sense to him and that his wife was excited about it all and would be there next week with him! Not sure if they have kids though. But it seems like he wants to come to church a few times before he starts meeting with us and the member isn’t pushing him at all to meet with. Definitely don’t want him to feel pushed! But hopefully we can start meeting with him sooner! He also said that maybe he will be a convert but he’s not sure yet. We hadn’t even said anything to him about that at all. So looks promising! Miracles are always happening in the Lords work!
  So since I have been doing the PMG Christ like attribute survey/study/activity I have realized so many important things. One thing that has stuck out to me is how Satan works. He uses pretty much the same things that Heavenly Father asks us to do but of course he twists it a little bit to draw us farther away from God. And for some reason the first example of this that came to my mind (and it’s kinda funny/weird) was the rapper Eminem or Slim Shady. Not dogging him or anyone that likes him at all it is just an example of how Satan works to me. So of course this same principle works for just about anything else that we idolize but there are MANY people who idolize Eminem. Idk how many white boy wannabes I’ve seen wanting to be like him lol And in fact if I remember correctly my little brother Jordan and I used to have lots of his songs memorized and Jordan even bleached his whole head blonde to be like Slim Shady hahaha Now that may not be the reason why he did but if I remember correctly it was! Anyways so these people that want to be like him, what do they do? They walk, talk, dress, act and copy anything that Eminem does! They listen to all his music and have posters of him EVERYWHERE and in some cases make him their highest priority. These people know everything there is to know about this rapper as well. Now who would be influencing someone to do that? To put someone before our Maker? Of course Satan! I found it very interesting that that happens ALL the time in our world today. Now back to PMG Christ like attributes. Sure we can read all about our Savior and learn of the things that He did. Which is good don’t get me wrong. But how do we become like Him? We do those same things that all those wannabe Eminem followers do. Do and say and talk like the Savior. We don’t necessarily have to dress like He did haha but Until we LIVE like the Savior we cannot BE like the Savior. Of course it involves lots of study but almost more important than the study is the application of who the Savior is. I have seen myself grow so much in these past few weeks I have been doing this. I find myself thinking more and more of what the Savior would do and what I need to do to be more like Him. His attributes have been more manifest in me than I think they have been my entire mission. So I found it interesting that what our Father asks of us is the same thing Satan does for all these other people. Satan is just really good at tricking us.
  Anyway just a few of my thoughts that I have been having lately. Its been hard to put it down in words but I hope maybe this will help anyone who is maybe wanting to come closer to the savior. 

Love, Elder Jaden Espinoza 

No comments:

Post a Comment