Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, March 25, 2013

First week in the Mission field!

First of all I need to let you know that his address that was posted on the last post was incorrect. I fixed it from there and here is the correct one. He just had a few numbers mixed up so if you sent a letter hopefully he still got it.

Elder Jaden Espinoza
2200 E. 1st Street
Las Ventanas Apt. 613
Alamogordo, NM 88310

And Thanks to all who have sent letters! It means a lot to him!



Before I get to his letter I have a Picture of him and his Mission President. I received a nice letter and this picture from His Mission President a few days ago.


President and Sister Miller and Elder Jaden Espinoza.

Also  we have some pictures from the MTC that he was able to finally send.
Probably most of you know Ky Burton now Elder Burton!  He was in the MTC at the same time Elder Espinoza was. What fun to have a friend there too!


At the Provo Temple- Elder Espinoza and his companion  Elder Van Leeuwen.
The Zone leaders in the MTC!

I think everyone must have one of these pictures from the MTC!
The Elders from his district in the MTC.


And here is his first letter from out in the Mission Field!


March 25,2013
Hello!
   So Alamogordo isn’t much different than the good ole Tri Cities other than the fact that it’s a little drier and there’s NO grass. It’s actually quite sad lol. There’s an Air force base here so pretty much everyone in the ward is in the Air force. Our ward has lots of young families and so far they’re all really cool people! We’ve been fed every night and we have a blast every time. Since there’s an air base here there’s always jets and what not flying around and they break the speed of sound every now and then and make a HUGE sonic boom. Some are bigger than others but the loudest one so far happened while I was inside Walmart and I swear it shook the whole thing it was crazy! It’s pretty sweet though. We also have CRAZY dust storms here. They call them white outs since the sand is white.
    The sand dunes are pretty cool here they’re literally white. So when it blows it looks like a blizzard. I’ll send a picture where everything is white and you can barely see the mountains we live by its pretty cool. My companion has been here for about 8 months now and I swear the guy knows everyone and their dog here no joke. It’s kinda cool but I hope I know all them by the time he’s done training me lol. We are pretty sure he’s gonna get transferred and ill stay since he’s been here so long. Last week we taught a lesson and I invited the girl to be baptized and she said yes! But her dad is against the church and isn’t letting her which really sucks but we’re all praying for her and him! I guess he’s being a little more open about it now but we will see. There are lots of less active members here we visit. It’s pretty interesting to see why some people stop going to church. But it’s sad too to see how their lives are going and all the blessings they are pretty much missing out on. But we’ve met with lots and they all opened up to us and we were able to help them and are continuing to do so. I guess they must really like me cause my companion said they have never been like that before. So its kinda cool!! We are really wanting to find new investigators though. We got two last week and are gonna teach them the first lesson this week but we want a lot more so were gonna work our butts off! The mission is pretty exciting so far and I’m lovin it! I can’t wait to meet more members and get new investigators to share the gospel with. I just realized I forgot to finish the story about Jose the investigator in the MTC. The last lesson went even better! My companion was able to bare his testimony on eternal families and the spirit was so strong!! He committed to baptism and everything. It sucks cause we don’t really know what’s gonna happen with him but from what I heard from the teachers there is he is a real legit investigator. So hopefully the next missionaries keep it up!! Well,              I miss you and love you!
Love,
Elder Jaden Espinoza 
  

The "White out Blizzard" you can barely see the mountain!


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Verna! Its great to keep up on how Elder Espinoza is doing!

    ReplyDelete