Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spoiled!

First off- some exciting news! Missionaries can now e-mail anyone and they have more time for that now too! 
So, if you would like to e-mail Elder Espinoza here his address-
jaden.espinoza@myldsmail.net

Next- a few more pictures from the MTC.

All the Elders and Sisters in his district at the MTC


The Elders in his District and The Provo Temple in the Background


At the MTC

April 1, 2013

Hey!
So I’m really growing to love the people of Alamogordo. Missionaries here are really spoiled honestly... We just dropped off our laundry at this really old guy’s house and he does it and folds it for us!!! He's never been married and he’s super rich! He also composes music. The tabernacle choir uses his music all the time and he’s been featured as an organist with them. His music gets used in cathedrals worldwide. His name is brother Ashdown he’s a cool guy! So there are really nice people and really crazy people here as well. Like old preachers that cry/scream/whisper all in the same sentence. Haha he’s a cool guy though he just REALLY gets into the gospel.... So the members here are awesome but we get NO referrals from them. That makes it so much harder on us! So get referrals to the missionaries and go on splits with them!!! We really need it lol. Last week we did a bunch of tracting....like a lot! But it was pretty successful and my comp and I also led the whole mission in lessons taught! It was pretty cool! There are lots of less actives here that we’re really trying to get going back to church. It’s interesting to see peoples different thoughts and opinions about the church and other people in the church and how the people we teach fail to realize that going to church isn’t about whether you like the people there or not. It’s about you coming closer to Christ and most importantly to take the sacrament. Some people are too stubborn though!! Haha but we love them anyways they’re all awesome people. My companion is a pretty funny dude and we get along really well. We have lots of fun even during tracting. So we have a girl that wants to be baptized but her dad will not let her! It’s really so sad cause she loves the church a lot but her dad doesn't even want her coming. But we’re working on her dad! I want to thank everyone that’s been sending me letters and what not. I really appreciate it a lot! They’re all really uplifting and I love you guys! Thanks for all the love and support! Oh and thanks mom and grandma for the Easter stuff!  And I forgot to thank the Lopez family for the cupcakes in the MTC. They were soooo good! Hope everyone has a great week!!
Love,
Elder Jaden Espinoza

View from his apartment window in Alamogordo

No comments:

Post a Comment