Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, June 17, 2013

A week to remember!

First are some pictures that he sent late last week of his new area, then his letter and a couple more pictures.

 View from our apartment in El Paso, Texas.

This is where Mexico, New Mexico and Texas meet.

Juarez, Mexico
  
A storm coming in.

Just part of the view of the city lights!




June 17, 2013
Hey everyone,
This past week has definitely been one I will remember. First off I got a 32 lb package from the Petty family! Thank you so much!!! You shoulda seen my companions face when we got it haha too funny. Also we finally were able to meet with this guy whose been investigating for a couple years now and has had some baptism dates set but he never made them. That lesson we had with him might have been one of the most spiritual ones my companion and I have had on our missions. I kinda felt bad cause I talked most of the time but then again I don't cause it definitely was not me talking, it was all the spirit. I said things that I had never thought about before and it was all to help out this investigator to make that step towards baptism. The lesson was seriously so amazing. We had a member there with us and she said, "Wow I’m already a member and I’ve got chills running down my body." The investigator knew it was the spirit we were all feeling. After talking about baptism his whole attitude changed and he said something like- so when can I get baptized? It was soo awesome and me and my comp were a little shocked haha He's getting baptized next Saturday! We also have a baptism this Saturday and one next Friday. We are soooo excited!!
  This week we also had a priest from our ward give us a referral. It was his friend who just wanted to know more about our Church and he had some pretty deep questions. So we met with him and the spirit there was sooo strong! We were able to answer all his questions with the Book of Mormon. The spirit testified to him that the Book of Mormon is true. He knows it already. He's a really good kid and has lots of questions still but we know we can answer all of them with the Book of Mormon and he knows it too. He's excited about learning more. He's golden. My companion and I can both smell baptism haha.
   Its amazing how the gospel changes people's lives. We had an amazing miracle this week as well with the lady we gave a blessing to at the hospital. She was having troubles with her faith and she was just getting worse and worse but I guess one day her husband talked to her and told her she needs to have faith and then we visited her and she started having a little faith and actually praying. The next day she did some tests and the doctors couldn't find any bacteria in her heart or lower body at all. Everything had completely disappeared and they were all really shocked and had no idea how it happened but she reassured them it was cause we gave her a blessing and she had faith. It was so wonderful to see the huge change in her! Now she’s determined to learn from us and do whatever it is the Lord wants her to do. And we can definitely help her with that :)
   El Paso is wonderful and full of missionary opportunities. I love it here even though it’s getting really hot! lol Luckily we have a nice car with ac haha. Well I’m thankful for all the love and support I get from everyone! You’re all in my prayers!
Love Elder Espinoza

Me and my 32 pound package from the Pettys!


Me and My Companion Elder Bushman. El Paso, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment