Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, June 3, 2013

This has by far been the craziest week yet!

June 3, 2013
Hello Hello,
So this has by far been the craziest week yet. I am no longer serving in Alamogordo or New Mexico. I'm down in good ol El Paso Texas!! So there was a tripanionship down here and we don’t know exactly what happened but they all got emergency transferred outta here. So I got a call from the Mission President Wednesday night telling me that he was inspired that I should come down here and basically fix whatever happened. But he didn’t tell me what happened. So we are trying to figure out what went down haha. I have a new companion who came down from Albuquerque. His name is Elder Bushman. He's from a small town called George in Washington. I actually worked righ by there this last summer so I know where that is. kinda by moses lake. He went to Quincy High. He’s a really cool guy and has two transfers left.
  So we had to white wash this area so we have no idea who is who and what has been happening. And we cover two wards. One is the 1st ward and the other is the UTEP (University of Texas El Paso) young single adult branch. We went there on Sunday and there  is a lot of really cool young people there. It sounds like there are a couple baptisms coming up here but we need to finish teaching the people and get them to the point of baptism. We actually had a baptism on our first day here. It was for a little girl from a less active family and we went and met her before and she chose me to baptize her. So that’s my fist Baptism as a missionary! Kinda cool. But it seems like this is a really great area to be serving in we just don’t know anything that’s going on haha. So we have been really busy trying to figure it all out. We are gonna finish out the rest of this transfer and the next so I’ll be here for about 7-8 weeks for sure. It sure is hot down here but that’s alright. We got lucky with a car again! The ysa covers all of El Paso so we have a HUGE area lol!
   Last night we got a call from someone we didn’t know who is less active and his sister in law was in the hospital and he wanted us to give her a blessing. We were with our ward mission leader so he took us. The lady was not a member at all but we explained what a blessing is and how it happens. So she chose me to anoint her with oil and the mission leader to give the blessing. The experience we all had was so amazing. He gave her an amazing blessing and the spirit there was sooo strong! She started crying during the lesson. Like out loud. It was different but we know she was feeling the spirit so strongly. After she told us how she felt during it and we explained how we feel when we are feeling the spirit and she didn’t even know what it was!!! She wants to change her life around and wants us to come back and teach her and we gave her a book of Mormon to read. We’re very excited about this opportunity we have.
  It’s a little different down here but I’m already loving it and I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. I have a funny little quote that I saw at the institute building. It said, "Studying your scriptures is like brushing your teeth. Trying to do it all on Sunday just doesn’t work. It’s an everyday thing." Kinda funny. Well I hope everyone is having a great week and I’m so thankful for all the love and support I get from everyone! 
Love Elder Espinoza

New Address
Elder Jaden Espinoza 
2425 McKinley Ave. #C26
El Paso, TX 79930

Sand dune jumping at white sands. My old zone, just the Elders.


 
The Berryhills

No comments:

Post a Comment