Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, June 10, 2013

So, El Paso...I love it!!!!!

June 10, 2013
Hello!
So, El Paso...I love it!!!!! There’s so much going on here and so many opportunities to serve!! Our first week as new missionaries to the area was a new experience for both of us. Luckily my companion has a gps otherwise we would be lost in El Paso. We cover the whole city cause of the university ward. It’s pretty hard to stay within our mileage limit and none of the missionaries before here have been able to but we got a pretty good game plan so we think can do it haha
   So we taught part of the first lesson to the lady we gave the blessing to in the hospital and it was pretty great! She really wants to change her life but she’s afraid it’s too late but we aren’t giving up on her. It’s kinda sad cause she's just getting worse and worse every time we see her. The blessing she received was amazing and if she can just have enough faith I know she will heal and get better. We’re gonna talk about faith when we see her next. It’s nice going there cause we've been getting lots of potential investigators from her nurses haha. They sit in and listen when we visit with her.
   We also met two other investigators who previously had baptism dates but weren't able to make them for some problems they've been having but after a few visits they are ready now! So we have two this month and I’m very excited for them! It’s funny cause one of the guys name is Jesus Espinoza. I dont even know how many Jesus Espinoza's I’m related to haha kinda funny.
   The ward here is wonderful. We cover an army base so again there's lots of young families who love us and really take care of us. Our dinner calendar was completely full within a day of us being here and now we are scheduling lunches cause people wanna feed us. Kinda cool. We are still getting used to the area and still have lots of people to meet! Maybe next week I’ll have a cool story cause we have to go to this families home who aren’t members and have been experiencing paranormal activity and they want us to bless their home. It will be a new a very different experience but it should definitely be a wonderful missionary opportunity!! Well I hope everyone is doing well and I’m very thankful for all the love and support I get! Love you all!
Love,

Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment