Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Pretty good week!



Hello Hello,
This last week has been pretty a pretty good one down here in El Paso. It sure is getting hot but we have a car so no complaints here, haha. Our baptism didn't end up happening due to some miss-communication but its rescheduled for the 6th of July! Also the one this Friday is rescheduled for the 5th. The one this Saturday will be happening though. Our investigator is GOLDEN. We also have this guy who was baptized in Germany but never got confirmed and he just moved here and doesn't know what to do so he referred himself to us. We called our mission president and he told us if he doesn't have a record he would need to get rebaptized and the investigator had no problem with that! So that will be happening soon as well.He's a pretty cool guy! 
   I hope everyone was able to watch the missionary broadcast yesterday! If not I highly recommend it! You can watch it on lds.org (here is the link) Hopefully it gets all the members pumped to do some missionary work! Us full time missionaries can go door to door all day and that's not very successful and we wouldn't get much done...OR members can talk to friends and family and get us referrals and we can start teaching people that the Lord is preparing at this time. That is the BEST way to do missionary work. Prophets have said that in the past many times. People are ready for the Gospel right now and we have to find them. Missionaries can use all the help they can get to find! So everyone go and watch that broadcast! 
   So we have lots of hospitals in our area which means we get lots of calls from members and other missionaries to go give blessings. We've had lots this week already. The first couple times it was almost a little scary cause we get asked to give blessings to people we don't know and have no idea what they need and what they're going through. Its amazing to see that as we are obedient and always have the spirit with us that we can give these people blessings according to their needs. And its only through the spirit that we are able to do that. Cause we don't know what they need to hear but our Father in Heaven does. So we just basically start the blessing and let the spirit take over. Its pretty awesome. I feel like I get asked to do most of the blessings cause of my last name, haha! Too bad I don't speak Spanish! But me and my companion are planning on reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and hopefully learn that way! 
   I'm still loving it down here. There are so many opportunities to teach and serve people here in such a big city. Its a blessing to be a missionary and to see how the Lord works through us to help people come into his Kingdom. I hope everyone is doing well and having a fun summer! Love you all!
Love 
Elder Jaden Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment