Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, July 22, 2013

An eventful week!

July 22, 2013
Hello hello,
So this last week has been a pretty eventful one! We had some good and sad news. The good news being my comp and I are staying together again this transfer and the bad news being our area is being split :( But even more good news is that we both got to stay in the ward we wanted too haha. But sad news again is that we have to give up 3 GOLDEN investigators who we started teaching and one of them is getting baptized next Saturday! But luckily we can go to that :) We're not too sad about the split we kinda figure we got that ward started on enough missionary work to get their own set of missionaries. We will miss lots of the members there but luckily we're still really close so its all good haha. We are excited to now only have one ward we can focus on and get to know the members really well. It was hard to get to know the members cause we would switch back and forth ever other Sunday to both wards. So we're excited.
So the investigator who is getting baptized next Saturday is a really awesome guy! His girlfriend is a member and goes to a Spanish ward and he doesn't speak Spanish so he went to our family ward and it was funny cause we figured he was a member cause we had seen him before dressed in a white shirt and tie so when we found out we jumped on it super fast! We taught him the first two lessons just last week and he is already getting baptized :) Its wonderful to meet and teach the people the Lord is preparing for his gospel!
So its been cloudy and rainy all last week as well and that was amazing! We both missed rain. Even though it doesn't rain too much on the east side of Washington it still rains WAY more there than it does here haha. One day it poured all day and the ground here doesn't soak up water very well so when it rains everything floods. We had to drive up this street that's a huge hill and it basically had a river flowing though it! I happen to LOVE puddles. Idk how many of you have seen the movie UP but in the movie there are dogs who work for the bad guy and all you have to do to get them off track is to say squirrel and they say where! and start looking for it haha its pretty funny. but that's how I am with puddles so I was loving it!  We got our car completely covered by a huge wall of water coming from this huge lifted truck it was pretty awesome haha. Lets just say we found as many excuses to drive up the road that day haha. Its all dried up though now :( But I found out that El Paso can be a beautiful place...when it rains....which is once a year...haha.
Well I hope everyone had a great week and has an even better one this week! Love you all!
Love Elder Espinoza


No comments:

Post a Comment