Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Saved a Life!



July 8, 2013
  Hey hey, I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend! Hopefully no one burned anything playing with fireworks!!
We had a pretty good 4th as missionaries. Every Thursday we weekly plan till 2 so we stayed inside for about half of the day. Then we had a lesson with an investigator who is hopefully getting baptized soon then we went to dinner at this families house and pretty much hung out with them for the rest of the day. We didn't have any appointments set up for the rest of the day and me and my companion felt bad about staying there and not going out to proselyte but by the end of the day we realized we were supposed to stay there. The Lord works in mysterious ways! So they had some friends over and one of the families was not a member. They lived in Utah for a while and loved it there. They attend another Church but don't have anything against any religion. They are a really neat family. We talked to the husband basically the whole time and he is a really cool guy!!! I didn't think they would be interested in learning about our religion since they lived in Utah for a while but I sure was wrong haha. We have an appointment with him this week to teach him about the restoration and we are soo excited. This family would do soooo well in our Church :)
I had another neat experience that day. So we ate dinner at their apartment then they decided to take the kids down to the pool. So we went with them. The whole time walking over there I felt a strong impression that I should just  keep an extra eye out on the kids as they swam even though parents were in the pool with them. I didn't think too much of it at first honestly but it kept coming to me. So we were just sitting in a chair talking about guns and cars and skydiving with that guy and the whole time I was basically scanning the pool. I'm so glad I was cause a little while later I looked by the stairs and sure enough a little girl must have slipped off the steps and was completely in the water drowning. It almost looked like she was just playing but since I was a life gaurd for so long I can tell a difference and not just that but I just KNEW she was drowning. So I shot up outta my chair really fast and grabbed her arm and yanked her outta the water. She was literally inches away from the edge and adults were about 3 feet away but looking in the other direction. I'm so glad I was able to listen to that prompting and watch out for that little girl and pull her out of the water. For all I know she could have drowned if I was not paying attention and was just talking about cool things with the guys. The little girl was only about 1 or 2 years old and I know her mom was very grateful for what I did. She said it a million times probably lol. The guy I was sitting next to said I scared the crap outta him cause I got up so fast but he said he knew something wasn't right by the way I got up out of the chair. It was a really awesome experience to have. Listening to the spirit is SO important. You never know whats in store and we always need to be living our life in a way that we can have the companionship of the Holy Ghost.
We also had another baptism on Saturday and that was a pretty neat experience! The spirit is always soooo strong at baptisms. I would suggest going to them whenever you get the chance just to feel the spirit that strongly. We also talked with a Muslim guy that day and I learned ALL about the Islamic religion. Boy could that guy talk lol! It was pretty cool to learn about his religion and to see how similar it is to ours. I did learn that I must be Muslim cause I believe there is one God and am willing to follow him lol. But I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church on this earth that has all the restored truths and its so wonderful to bear testimony on that. I got to bear my testimony in both wards yesterday and it was awesome both times! We also got a new mission president this week. Its funny cause his name is President Miller as well. The new President and Sister Miller have brought a wonderful spirit to our mission. I already know he is an inspired man and is supposed to be here as our mission president. He actually attended our baptism on Saturday and loved it!!! The members of our ward put in a good word for us haha. Well I hope everyone had a fun and safe week! I hope all is going well with everyone. I'm so thankful for the love and support I get each week :) I miss and love you all!! Have a great week :)

Love Elder Espinoza


No comments:

Post a Comment