Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, July 1, 2013

An awesome and pretty funny week!

July 1, 2013
  So this past week has been pretty awesome!! First off we had a baptism on Saturday and that was such an awesome experience! The guy had been investigating for like two years and after our first lesson with him he had a baptism date and made it! It was such a wonderful experience! We have two more coming up this Saturday and that should be just as amazing!
  So we had a pretty funny and cool experience this last week. It was like 8:55 pm and we were on our way out of a part member families home and as soon as we got outside some guys across the street yelled,"Hey its the Mormon missionaries!" We saw that he had a cigarette and a beer in his hands so we knew he was drunk and they were at a party across the street. So we went over and talked to him for a little bit and before you know it everyone at the party was outside talking to us. At first they were just asking like dumb questions and the first guy that talked to us said he believed in a spaghetti meatball monster who boiled for his sins and he sure enough had the "monster" tattooed on his arm. Most of them had it actually. I think its an atheist religion that believes God is just as real as a spaghetti meat ball monster haha. Anyways there was one guy who was a little quiet the whole time then actually asked us a legit question about something in the bible. I'm pretty sure he wasn't drunk cause he didn't have a beer in his hand and his breath didn't smell like alcohol. So we actually got into a pretty awesome conversation with him and answered all his questions while everyone else was just standing out there drinking and smoking and giving their input every now and then. The guy told us he just found out his wife is pregnant that day and then we talked about eternal families and he loved it! We gave him a pamphlet and our number and talked to him and some of the others for like 45 minutes. We were actually late for curfew but I think we had a good excuse haha! Lots of the other guys were joking around the whole time and were so surprised whenever I joked back with them or said something funny. Apparently they all thought that missionaries are weird Jesus people who don't have any fun. After talking with them for a while I definitely changed their perspective on that haha! One guy went inside for a while and before he did he shook our hands and told us to, "Stay cheesy bro." I thought it was hilarious and asked him if I could use it and he said spread it bro! Haha! Anyways he came back outside later on and when we finally left I told him to stay cheesy bro and he freaked out and was like MAN you mormons aren't that bad after all! I guess he thought it was so funny and cool that I would say it back to him hahaha! It was sooo funny! He drop kicked his cup of beer and said he wasn't drinking anymore that night cause I was a cool dude haha! It was a pretty funny experience! All those guys were pretty cool. There was another girl who didn't know anything about religion and said she was going to hell but we told her that that's not true and someone was like yeah you can get baptized and wash your sins away and she was like "Oh I'm a Mormon now!" Then someone said yeah but they have a lot of rules so she said "Actually never mind I'm not Mormon!" haha! it was soooo hilarious! We actually got a couple of good potential investigators out of that. I'm glad I was able to prove to some people that Mormons are not weird haha! I'm sure we will be talking with them every time we go back over there. Being a missionary is just wonderful! Especially a "cool Mormon missionary" haha!
  Well I hope all is well for everyone and I'm so thankful for all the love and support I get every week!!! Hope you all know you're in my prayers! I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th ofJuly weekend!!!!
Stay Cheesy Bros!
Love
Elder Espinoza


Edward is the one on the right and his friend Stephen baptized him!


The lights of El Paso/Juarez. It almost looks like the sun lol!

We thought it was a funny street name haha

No comments:

Post a Comment