Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

An awesome week!

December 17, 2013
Hello hello,
Last week was an awesome week! We had another baptism! A member had been telling us how he was talking to his friend and answering his questions about the Church for a long time now and how he wanted to invite him to church. Of course we told him to do it right away lol but it still took a little while until he finally did and sure enough he came to church. 4 weeks later he was baptized. I know I say this probably every email but the Lord seriously is preparing people for His gospel. I can guarantee we all know someone who is being prepared. We just have to make the hard yet simple step to invite them to come to church or to a church activities. Its simple things like that that lead to someone being baptized and having their life changed forever. After teaching Tyler just once he had a scheduled baptism date for the 1st of January which was so awesome! We continued to teach him and make commitments with him and he wanted to get baptized sooner! So we were like okay sweet now we have to cram a lot of information in him and teach him about the word of wisdom cause we knew he had problems with that. But when we taught it and he understood what it was for he was willing to completely give it up. I even asked him what he would be willing to give up to be baptized and he said, "Anything except my family." It seriously is so amazing to see someones life change right before your eyes. I can only imagine how his friend who introduced him to the gospel felt after he had baptized him. There is so much joy in seeing people you love change their lives for the better. That baptism was also the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to. Its amazing what the spirit does to people when they open their hearts to it.
We were able to have Elder Foster of the 2nd quorum of the 70 attend our zone conference yesterday. He truly is a man chosen of God to do the work that he does. It was the best and most spiritual zone conference I have had as well. He talked most the time and just really helped us understand how important we really are to our Father in heaven. It was actually really cool. He talked about how NASA pointed the Hubble telescope into what they found to be the darkest spot in space. They had it on there for 10 days straight and what they found was millions of other galaxies. They did that again a few years later and found the same exact thing. It made us all feel very small in comparison to the other things God has created yet we are the MOST important thing for us. So important He sent His only begotten son to die for us. It really was an amazing conference. At the end we all sang the primary song "A Child's Prayer" I've never felt my Father in heavens love for me that strong. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. 
We have another baptism coming up this Saturday which is pretty awesome! We are excited! We are also excited to get to Skype with our family next week! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas break! Remember what really is most important during this time of year :)
Love Elder Espinoza

ps. Totally forgot last week to congratulate Chiawana for winning that state championship!!!!

Tyler Nelson and Bro. Davis!

No comments:

Post a Comment