Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"It still amazes me to see the spirit work through my companion and myself"

December 10, 2013
Hey, so last week was a crazy busy week! We have been teaching lots and lots of lessons with investigators and lessons to less active or recent converts. Its pretty crazy how fast time flies when you stay busy doing the Lord's work!
I think something I noticed this week is how sensitive the spirit really is. And just how hard it can be to tell when you are being led by it and when you aren't. I think the more and more you act on any prompting the more you will be able to tell when the spirit really is prompting you to do something. Also your little every day things like prayers and scripture study have a lot to do with it as well. I noticed last week that when my studies weren't the best that there were some times where I just did not know what to say to people. And the days where I had better studies and really opened my heart to our Father in heaven through prayer is when I said exactly what needed to be said.
We had a lot of pretty sad and crazy things happen this week with families not having enough to make ends meet and needing to find a new place to live or families trying to move to another city to find a better doctor to help for some needs. Its so sad and heartbreaking especially when there really is'nt a whole lot you can do as a missionary but give them a spiritual uplifting. But those moments where you say exactly what it is they need to hear is truly an amazing experience. It still amazes me to see the spirit work through my companion and myself. And there are times where I did'nt even notice the spirit working through us but the more and more I pay attention to it the more I recognize it and realize how much God really does love his children. It's truly amazing to see his hand in every ones life. Its also sad when people don't realize it. But the closer we get to our Heavenly Father the more we see the many tender mercies He gives us throughout the day and the more gratitude we have. This is also the time of year for much gratitude and giving! I hope we can all remember what Christmas is really about.
So we have a baptism coming up this Saturday! A member had been talking to his friend at work for a while now answering all his questions and what not. So he finally brought him to Church a few weeks back and we started teaching him and next thing you know he's getting baptized! Crazy how people are sooo prepared for the gospel. This is something that will never get old because so many people go through so many experiences yet they are all somehow in some way being prepared for this. His life story is very interesting and his life has been saved on a few occasions! So he knows he was meant to do something here on this earth life. And now he has found it! We also have another baptism coming up next Saturday which is also exciting! Its an exciting time to be serving the Lord!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Elder Jaden Espinoza

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment