Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It's so wonderful to see people progress in the gospel

December 24, 2013
So we had another baptism last week! He was baptized along with 5 other primary kids in the ward so it was a pretty big baptism! It was pretty awesome also cause one of the girls that was baptized was baptized by her dad who Elder Bushman and I baptized back in July so it was really awesome to see him baptize his daughter. I also gave him the priesthood a while back. It's so wonderful to see people progress in the gospel.
In district meeting last week I had our district look up D&C 15:6. It says, "And now, behold I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." Obviously as missionaries we teach people and "declare repentance" But what does repentance really mean? It means you change and so by asking people to commit to doing things we are inviting them to repent. Like asking them to read the Book of Mormon or to come to church. And we are to do that so we may bring souls unto our father so that we may rest with them in His kingdom. It is so awesome to see someone you love and care about be baptized. 'Im sure many of us have had those experiences. But how much better would it be "rest with them" in Gods kingdom? I think the best perspective to have is an eternal perspective. I hope that when any of us have any missionary opportunity before us that we have an eternal perspective. I know its scary and all but think about how amazing it would be to see them be baptized and see their lives change then think about how much better it will be to see them on the other side?? And what better time to do it then now? Its Christmas! This is the best time of the year to share your testimony of Jesus Christ. I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas and be grateful for the things that we have. I am grateful to be serving right now. I really do miss my family and friends but I know this is where I am supposed to be doing the Lords work. I am grateful for all the love and support I receive every week. It really does make missionary work a lot easier for me! I love you all and hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Love, Elder Jaden Espinoza


 Demonte and Deaundre James


Went on exchanges with the zone leaders and they had their ward Christmas party. 
 The other missionaries in his ward


Us at Damions orchestra recital!



MEXICO!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment