Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

03/11/14
So last week was a really busy week. We had zone conference on Monday then pday on Tuesday then had to leave to Albuquerque on Wednesday for a meeting with all the other zone leaders and sister training leaders on Thursday. Lots of traveling! Both meetings we had were very inspiring and I was able to learn a lot and receive personal revelation for myself, my zone and the investigators I am working with. Being a zone leader is a definitely a different experience but it really is an amazing calling to have as a missionary. Makes me want to be even better than I was before!
Even though we were super busy last week we were still able to teach a lot of lessons to our investigators who are really progressing! Its always so amazing to come out of a lesson where your investigator gets YOU excited about the gospel! We had moved one of their dates to this Saturday but unfortunately his wife will not be able to make it so we moved it back to the 29th which is totally okay! He is just super ready to be baptized and get going in the church! Next Saturday we will have two baptisms and the south elders in the ward will have 1 and then the following Saturday we will have ours and they will have one as well so its super exciting to be in this ward and the members are seeing how easy it is to do missionary work I feel like! Its really not that hard and I'm not just saying that because I'm a missionary, lol, it still is hard for us but once you do it it just comes naturally, like things to say or how to relate whatever it is you're talking about back to the gospel. Its actually pretty fun!
We have to do our zone training this week and we are super pumped for it! We have it pretty well planned out and hope our zone learns a lot and feels the need to consecrate themselves even more! Our main topic is going to be having both feet planted in the mission and were gonna read a story about Hernan Cortez when he was able to conquer Mexico. Apparently when they landed he had them burn their ships so there was no way they could go back to Spain and their only option was victory and of course they were victorious. So we're gonna hand out a picture of a ship to every missionary and have them write down things that they need to let go or things that are holding them back from being the best missionary they can be then we're gonna go outside and burn our ships and let those things go and become the missionary the Lord wants us to become! We're pretty excited! That's just part of it, we have a lot more planned. But anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful week and have an even better one this week! I hear the weather is getting nice finally! Its coming up on windy season here which is no fun but oh well! lol Love you all!
Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment