Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

03/18/14
Last week just flew by way too fast! The first half of my mission flew by and I hear the second half is even faster...kinda scary! lol Last week I did my first zone training as a zone leader. It was definitely a lot different than just sitting and listening and learning. I loved learning from my zone leaders in the past so I was kind of a little sad to not be able to learn as much but I guess just like everything else you teach, you are really the one that learns! Lol I think our zone liked the whole burn our ships thing. I really enjoyed it myself. Its really helping me consecrate myself as a servant of the Lord.
So we are gonna have 3 baptisms in our ward this week! Two will by ours and 1 is the south elders! Were pretty excited about it. There's gonna be lots of different people coming in from out of town for our investigators so were gonna have to do it in the chapel. It should be a really neat experience for them. We were really hoping our investigators would choose members to baptize them but they all chose me. I was really honored to get to be the one who does it! It should be a wonderful experience for everyone that attends it - always is :)
So our investigator who is getting baptized next week is so on fire! He had a few concerns about some doctrine recently and we were really worried about him! Of course me always thinking of the worst scenario that could happen didn't help out at all, lo,l but we were finally able to teach him again last night and it was basically a Q&A. I was surprised at how well we were able to answer his questions. Some stuff we didn't even know but I guess when you teach by the Spirit the Lord makes up it for it! It was a really an awesome lesson and experience for us and him. We have kinda been feelin' like we aren't really teaching him much and maybe he's been getting a little bored recently because he is already very knowledgeable in the bible and a very spiritual man but last night was definitely what he needed to get that spark going again! He's really excited to be baptized and go to the temple. He also asked me to baptize him and I was very honored to get to do so as well.
These last two weeks of the transfer are definitely the best ones to end on. I feel like I will be getting transferred this time FOR SURE. But who knows! I'll go wherever the Lord wants me to go! I may be a little sad but I know its where I am supposed to go. I learned that when I got transferred down here from Alamogordo, lol. Well I hope everyone has a great week I love you all!
Love Elder Espinoza


No comments:

Post a Comment