Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

03/25/14
So last week was just an amazing week to have as a missionary. We had 3 baptisms on Saturday and the south elders had 1. One of ours was taught by the Spanish missionary and at the last minute and he wanted to get baptized into our ward. He's a good kid, his family is all members but he never got baptized! The baptism was awesome! We had to do it in the chapel because so many people came. Our ward mission leader said when he bore his testimony that he served while on his mission in Alabama there was more people at this baptism than there was at a sacrament meeting any Sunday during his mission. The spirit was very strong there of course. Lots of non-members where there and now we are teaching someone who just came to watch the baptism of his niece and used to make fun of us "Mormons", lol.
So Elder Weber and I had about an hour of free time one morning last week and we just walked around the neighborhood. We were trying to decide if we should go straight or turn left at one point and decided to just turn left. So we started walking through the parking lot of an apartment complex and there was this guy leaning up against his car smoking a cigarette and when we were about 20 yards away he said, "I think God brought you here." At first honestly I thought he was just some crazy drunk guy but of course we walked up to him and started talking to him and turns out his wife was sitting in the car and she worked with this kid in our ward that just left on his mission to Colombia! So instantly we had a connection with them. Then he started telling us about what has been going on with him and how he believes in God but doesn't know why God would do these things to him and now he doesn't believe. His wife does but he really struggles. So we had a short lesson with him at his car and scheduled one for the next evening. We got there and had an absolutely amazing spiritual lesson with them. He really wants to change his life and get right with God. The most amazing thing happened at the end of the lesson. He asked if he could say the prayer because there was something he wanted to say. You could tell he was getting way outside of his comfort zone but he really had something he wanted to say. His prayer was honestly one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard in my life and I have to say I have never felt the spirit during a prayer as much as I did then. It immediately filled the room and hit me like a ton of bricks. This is how his prayer went. "Dear God, Thank you." That's all he said. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard or seen in my life and that's all he said. Stuff like this is what makes missionary work worth it. It was kinda funny 'cause he wasn't sure at the end if he needed to say amen or anything so my comp said "in the name Jesus Christ, amen." and he said it after that - it was amazing. That is definitely something I will never forget about my mission for the rest of my life.
Missionary work really is the greatest work we can all do! These experiences not only change the lives of others but all of us as well. If you're struggling with trying to feel the spirit or with your testimony go out and share the testimony you do have and just see the effect it has on people. I love you all and have a wonderful week.

Elder Espinoza

 Ari! Very sweet and smart little girl!


 Elder Weber and I


 Robert Obong. Such a stud!



No comments:

Post a Comment