Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

04/29/14

So last weekend we had a baptism! I feel like I say this every time after a baptism but it truly never ceases to amaze me how strong the spirit is at a baptism! There were many non-members there who no doubt felt the presence of the Holy Ghost there as Matt was baptized. We sang "I Believe in Christ" for the closing prayer and this man who has had a rough life and looked like a rough guy was crying during the whole song. It was so obvious that the spirit was there and there is no doubt in my mind that there was not a single person there whose life was not affected by the powerful presence of the spirit in that room. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have attended. I think before my mission it was a little hard for me to believe that people can really make a big change in their lives and become these wonderful people. You hear it in stories and see it in movies all the time but I guess I had never really thought about it to much before my mission. But now that I have seen peoples lives change in so short a time, it only strengthens my testimony in the Savior and His gospel. There is really no other way someone can change without the help of the Holy Spirit and there is no real way someone can change without the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This is something that will never get "old". I would encourage everyone to attend the next baptismal service for a convert in your ward. It will only strengthen your testimony.
So the weather has been pretty crazy here this last week. It has been really windy and we have had gusts up to 60-80 mph. Its been fun trying to walk around and talk to people, haha, but today seems to be a beautiful day with no wind! I feel like I've come to appreciate the scenery in the southwest. Its almost pretty in its own weird way, haha. This week we have a mission leadership council and I guess there will be people from the missionary dept in Salt Lake coming so I'm very excited to see what they have in store for us! Learning from them is going to be amazing! Well, I love you all and thank you for your support!

Love Elder Espinoza

 We visited some Elders out on the Indian reservation and decided to climb this huge rock haha

 These are my favorite little kiddos! The Gogan family :) Well half of them lol
  
Easter- Elder Espinoza and Elder Reams

No comments:

Post a Comment