Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Its all about Becoming

04/22/14
So last week we exchanged with one of our district leaders and I went to their area which is a biking area. Lets just say I'm so glad that I've only served in a car area, hahah, it was really fun though. Its definitely a different experience being on a bike. At least you get to stay in shape! LOL! It does make it easier to talk to more people though. Last week was a good week though. Our zone had interviews with our mission president so we had to schedule all those and we got to go first :) haha. Its always so nice to see President Miller, he is truly inspired. I don't know how he is able to keep up with all of us young missionaries, haha. He is an amazing man!
So we have an investigator getting baptized this weekend and we are so excited! He truly is an example of what the restored gospel in its fullness can do for someone. He always says he honestly felt like he could have had a good discussion about any gospel topic and felt like he understood everything before he met us, but now with the knowledge that he has of the restored gospel he ACTUALLY fully understands what everything is and why its all important. Its so wonderful to see enlightenment in peoples eyes. And even better when you are the one being enlightened! lol It still never amazes me to see what this gospel does for people. Even people who already think they know it all and can't learn anything else. The wonderful thing about it all is we never stop learning. And learning isn't even the point of the Gospel. Its all about becoming. I had a friend mail me a talk by Dallin H. Oaks a while back called, "The Challenge to Become", I feel like that topic has been brought up a lot lately. Especially in this mission because we are always training on things and helping missionaries and ourselves understand the importance of everything but all this stuff is stuff that most of us already know we just have to apply it. That's the Gospel right there. Its a beautiful and continual life changing thing I feel like.
So Easter Sunday was a good day of course! The talks in sacrament were great and the music was amazing. Its such a great time of the year! We had beautiful weather here in ABQ as well. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has an amazing week this week! Love you all!

Love Elder Espinoza

Click here to read or listen to the talk by Dallin H. Oaks - The Challenge to Become

No comments:

Post a Comment