Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hello hello, 04/15/14
Last week was a pretty awesome week. We were able to teach some amazing lessons. Sadly though the guy who wanted to get baptized because he thought President Monson was the true prophet of God isn't willing to live to word of wisdom. He's 89 and doesn't wanna give up his coffee or tea. But he just needs a little time and prayer and he will be good to go soon enough - I'm sure of it!
I'm really starting to like it here in ABQ. We stay super busy that's for sure! I love all the missionaries in this zone and we're all excited to make some big changes in this zone and see the blessings that come from it. This morning at 1:45 in the AM there was a full lunar eclipse. I guess there won't be another one like that for 1300 years so of course we had to get up and look at it for a minute then go back to bed, haha, we were pretty tired! It made me think about how much our Father in heaven loves us though. This earth is so beautiful and all the amazing sights sounds and smells are all for us to witness and its there to bring us joy. Its amazing to think about how He created all of this and how big the universe is and really how small we are, yet we are the most important creation he has ever made and all he wants is us to call him is Father. I think seeing that lunar eclipse at this time was a blessing from God because this Sunday is Easter. It all makes me think of John 3:16. God loved us so much he sent his son Jesus Christ to suffer and die for us. Just sitting down and really thinking about how amazing that is just blows my mind. And then thinking about the Love that Christ has for us. He went and did the will of his Father for us. He sacrificed the greatest of all sacrifices for us so that we too can return to live with our Heavenly Father and be perfected in Him. It makes me think about all the small sacrifices we have to do everyday that really shouldn't be sacrifices. They really are opportunities to receive blessings from God. Scripture study and prayer are just a few of the small and simple ones but they really help us strengthen our relationship with God. It is the best way to feel his love I believe. I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Easter as we celebrate the greatest of all sacrifices this weekend. I love you all and hope everyone has an amazing week!
Love Elder Espinoza

From Last week-
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment