Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I don't think any other person can tell their testimony and shake their finger and make the spirit just slap you in the face and you still wanna hear more from him!

04/08/14
This General Conference was by far my most favorite one yet! I felt as if I was able to learn something that will help me become a better missionary and a better person IF I apply it to myself. My favorite analogy was of course Elder Bednar's of the truck getting stuck. It is so simple yet has such a powerful meaning behind it. My favorite talk though was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk, just simply from his testimony he shared at the end. I don't think any other person can tell their testimony and shake their finger and make the spirit just slap you in the face and you still wanna hear more from him! Lol His testimony was so powerful. If you did not have the chance to listen to his talk I highly recommend it. I love how he counseled us that while we defend our faith we need to do so with courage and courtesy but we need to defend our faith! Especially in this time of the world. His message was so powerful. I hope we all plan on actually applying what we learned in General Conference and see the difference that it will make in our life. Also missionary work was a big one that they taked about it. It's an important work that we all need to do!
So I'm pretty excited to be in this new area. Its way different than my last area. There was a lot of ghetto in my last area and there definitely is no getto in this area, lol, the members I've met so far are super amazing. I was kinda sad General Conference was my first Sunday here cause I have to wait another week to meet everyone but its alright. I've already grown close to a few families! We also had an amazing experience during conference. Well I guess one of our investigators did. He apparently saw no difference in the pope and anyone else who said they were a prophet. He believes them all to be prophets of God. But after President Monson's talk Sunday morning he looked at us and asked if that was the prophet and we said yes and he said “that man is a true prophet of God, I want to be baptized this Saturday”. We were shocked and speechless! Lol He still has a lot of work but we're excited to see him get baptized soon! We also have another amazing investigator who is so ready for the gospel its ridiculous! I'm pretty excited to be in this new area and zone. There's lots of room for improvement in this zone so my comp and I are excited about helping and see in the improvement! Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment