Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

07/15/14

So last week was a crazy busy week that went by way too fast! The second Sunday of every month we have our SMCM meeting (stake missionary correlation meeting) with the stake presidency, the high councilor over missionary work, our mission president and his 1st counselor. So we have a huge report we have to do and Elder Taylor is a new ZL so I had to teach him how to do the report on excel and all that fun stuff so we were in the library a lot. We also planned a ward mission conference for the stake with Brother Payne, the high councilor over missionary work, for last Sunday and that was such an amazing meeting. Hopefully it inspired the ward mission leaders and everyone in the ward that has to do with the ward mission! I know all the missionaries are super pumped for this transfer so hopefully they catch the same vision that we have for this stake! The Lord is seriously hastening his work here in this stake. The most baptisms we have had in this stake in the last two years for a month was 6 and that was two years ago and this month we should have over 8! Everyone is super pumped! So, I know the Lord is hastening his work here and is doing the same thing back home so hopefully you all jump on the Lords bandwagon, lol.

So last night we met this neighbor kid that lives by one of our favorite members house! He seriously reminds me of Joseph Smith. Lol! This kid is 15 years old and really is searching for truth. He has been studying a bunch of different religions online and already knows more than the average member that is his age, lol, and he can quote the bible better than just about anyone I have met on my mission. He has a ton of questions and wants to know why we believe things that we do. The crazy thing is he comes off as wanting to bible bash but he doesn't belong to any religion at all and just wants to learn, so its pretty neat that a kid this young really wants to learn. So we are excited to teach him. Its gonna be a little difficult to try and not bible bash with him because that gets you no where I've learned on my mission, lol. Although I just about did last night when he was talking to us but then I remembered he is just a young kid that wants to learn. He knows the bible better than me I'm sure and can quote it a lot better than me but he definitely does not understand what it means which is most important. Makes me grateful for the knowledge and understanding I have grown to have on my mission! Hopefully this turns out to be something good and he get baptized but we shall see!

Well I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week :)

Love,
Elder Espinoza
 Elder Espinoza and Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment