Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!

                                                                                            12/23/14
Hello Hello!
I hope everyone has a wonderful merry Christmas! I've been really thinking a lot about giving gifts and how wonderful it is and exciting it is when people open up your gifts and love whatever it is you got them. Its way better than opening up your own gifts I feel. There's just no other feeling like it. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to give someone a gift and them not like it and just set it aside and not use it. That would be terrible! Now lets apply this to our Heavenly Father and the most amazing gift that He gave. Think of the sacrifice our Savior went through, willingly, being the gift our Father in Heaven gave us. The effort, love and thought that went into that gift is greater than any gift that we ever could give. Think about how we make our Father in Heaven feel when we don't accept that wonderful gift or use that gift. When we think lightly of that gift that brings salvation to all men and women, I can't imagine how He feels when we do this. The wonderful part is He still loves us no matter what and the gift will always be there for us so long as we apply the principles taught from the it and use them in our everyday lives. We are SO blessed with all that we have. Everything is a gift from our God and it all ties back into the one most important gift our Father in Heaven gave us. Its why I love the new video the Church put out. Its amazing to think about!
I have also, this Christmas, been pondering on the birth of our Savior. He is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, yet He was born in a humble stable. The first people to know of His birth were shepherds. They were His first visitors. Its all humble. Which is why we too must be humble when we accept this wonderful gift of Christmas. These are just some of the thoughts that I have been having this Christmas!
So the ward I am serving in is awesome! The members here love us lots. We have gotten quite a few gifts from them already, ha ha! We have been going caroling with members and it has been fun to see peoples faces light up! Sad that this is my last Christmas as a missionary so I'm trying to soak it all in. The work here is getting a lot better. We still have our investigator on a date to be baptized! She is doing so awesome. So lots of exciting things going on here in Rio Rancho. Thank you all for the cards letters and packages. It means so much to me :) I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and have safe travels and most importantly remember the true gift of Christmas :)
Love Elder Jaden Espinoza


No comments:

Post a Comment