Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, December 8, 2014

A definition of sacrifice is to make sacred

                                                                                            December 8, 2014
So we had zone training last week and it was one of the better ones that I have been too. The spirit was amazingly strong. The main topic of our meeting was sacrifice. I had never really though before what the word sacred means and why things are sacred to me.. a definition of sacrifice is to make sacred. And i thought to myself what things are sacred to me? Then I thought about why those things are sacred to me? And it was all because of the sacrifice that I have put in myself for those things! For example the Atonement is the most sacred thing to me. Obviously I didn’t put in any sacrifice for that Christ alone did that but my understanding of the atonement and the application of the atonement is what is sacred to me because of the things that I have sacrificed to understand better the atonement and the apply the atonement in my life. It was amazing to think about everything that is sacred to me and why that thing is sacred. I would invite all of you to think about what is truly sacred to you and then ponder why it is sacred to you. You will have an amazing experience I can testify of that. Of course another thing that is sacred to me is my mission. For all the things that I have learned and now understand on my mission. Not to mention all the other things you sacrifice to go on a mission. But then you really think about the love you have for the Lord and the atoning sacrifice He made for us individually and suddenly all those sacrifices that you have made no longer seem like sacrifices anymore. It seems like it is the least that you can do for the Lord. The least you can give up for the Lord....you really aren't giving up anything to the Lord because if it wasn’t for Him you wouldn’t have anything. When I was thinking about this I was reminded of Kind Benjamin’s speech in Mosiah. Chapter 2 happens to be my favorite and that’s when he talks about no matter what you do you will always be indebted to the Lord. Its just amazing how he puts things into perspective. But still when it comes down to it we are sacrificing things. Time being one of them. So kinda just something I have been pondering this last little while.
Anyway, we did some service for a less active member in our ward and he contemplated having me dig this trench from the side of his road to underneath this tree kinda passing through it so the rain water won’t run down the road but into this field. We were both talking about how it’s not gonna rain anytime soon but I told him Id do it anyway so i finally did. Ended up getting a little over half an inch of rain that night and then through the next day haha super funny! Half an inch of rain floods everything down here! Transfers are this week and I will be staying with Elder Stevens in our area and we will no longer be a trio. It sure was fun while it lasted!!!!! Our investigator on date is still doing really well! so that’s exciting :) Well I hope you all have a wonderful week!! Thanks for all the love and support! Also, congrats to the Riverhawks for making it to state! Too bad they didn't win but going back to back is a huge achievement!

Love Elder Espinoza

 Elder Bushman came back to visit the mission so he stopped by for a while to say hi! Guess I'm supposed to call him Karl now haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment