Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christ Like Attributes

                                                                                  December 30, 2014
Well I hope everyone had as amazing of a Christmas as I did! Last week was actually a really slow week for us. We had set a few appointments with people but most of them cancelled on us.  We got to have a wonderful and very traditional Danish dinner on Christmas Eve. I guess it has been a tradition in their family since before they were even born. So it was neat to get to participate in that! I guess one year some people brought rolls for the dinner and they were pretty much shunned cause it wasn’t traditional haha it was really fun! For dessert she made a rice pudding. Kinda tasted like aroz con leche but not as good ;) ha but apparently most people think its gross but there’s kind of a game they play with it. It has slivers of almonds in it with ONE full almond and whoever gets the almond gets this Marzipan Pig. So I think I kinda gets everyone to actually have to eat the rice pudding so they can get the almond haha we didn’t get it but the person that did apparently had gotten it three years in a row now so she gave it to us! Then we all held hands and sang three Christmas songs as we circled around the Christmas tree. It was fun! After that we all opened the gifts that were under the tree for us. Really cool night! Then of course the next day we got to skype! So nice :) We got our time extended as well so it was a real blessing. Scary to think that that was my last time getting to skype on the mission....  Its going by way too fast! So yesterday I started this 9 week long study of Christ like attributes. Our mission president challenged us to take the little self assessment at the end of Preach My Gospel Chpt. 6 which is Christ like Attributes and then study each attribute for a week and apply it throughout the week and see how each attribute strengthens in us. So I am pretty excited about it! I’ll be finishing the last one on the last week of my mission! Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a safe Happy New Year. Ponder goals you want to set for yourself. Its important as well to do that prayerful since the Holy Ghost teaches us all things it will help us to set meaningful goals that we can achieve throughout the year to better ourselves and most importantly come closer to our Father in Heaven, :)

Love Elder Jaden Espinoza

 Miss these goofy people! got to go to lunch with them! :)



 My little ghetto tree haha

No comments:

Post a Comment