Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Amazing Experience


April 22, 2013
Hello Hello!
     So this last week has been a pretty good one!  We had an amazing experience with a family that’s wanting to know how to get closer to Christ and learn more about His gospel.  They have lots of LDS friends and they notice how close they are and they always notice a different feeling going into their home.  Which most of us know is the Spirit!  So their main concern is wanting to get their family to grow closer to one another.  We had the most amazing lesson I've ever had and the same with my companion.  They were soooo excited about learning more and more.  We were there for 2 1/2 hours teaching them.  They soaked it all up even though they were Catholic and went every Sunday.  They say they don't feel anything when they go and they feel as if its the same thing over and over again.  The Husband is a little shakey about the whole thing.  But we know its 'cause he likes to drink and all that "fun" stuff and he knows we don't do that.  His dad is actually a member who served a mission and is a high priest.  He lives in New York.  The husband’s name is Xavier Riofrio (cool last name I know haha).  He's from Guatemala and grew up with his mom only.  But nontheless he knows about our standards now that he and his dad have a good relationship.  His wife and stepson are so excited!  His stepson actually goes to scouts at the church and all the other activities.  We feel as if this family is one of those elect families that Heavenly Father is preparing for the gospel.  They couldn't make it to church this last week so we're hoping for next Sunday!  We haven't been able to talk to our other investigator Natasha for a while 'cause I guess she is out of town 'til Wednesday or so.  She's still doing good!  
     I went on my first exchanges this week also.  I went with Elder Kemp who is from Newport Washington!  It's just north of Spokane.  He's one of the Zone Leaders.  He's a really cool guy and we had lots of fun.  I hope we are companions sometime.  We have already planned to go bow hunting when we both get back.  He's pretty good so he's gonna take me! 
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
     Things are starting to look better for the White Sands ward as far as missionary work is going. Our bishop has been stressing missionary work this whole month so I think the ward is finally starting to get it!  So everyone go out and share the gospel!!!!  I hope everyone is doing well and I'm always so thankful for all the love and support.  I pray for everyone every day!  Love you all.

Love,
Elder Jaden Espinoza

Me and Elder Becar this mornin.


Little sand storm


If you look close you can see a white line across the picture. Those are the white sands!! they are huge dunes its pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment