Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Another good week!


April 29, 2013

Hey hey,
     This week has been another good one!  Staying busy all day everyday.  We did a lot of contacting less actives and part member families.  No new investigators sadly but two men who work with our bishop came to church and really enjoyed it!  We're hoping to meet with them this week! 
     We were finally able to get a hold of Natasha and had a very interesting lesson with her...haha...she told us she was planning on getting baptized by a Baptist church too.  She's always throwin' us loops!  We asked her lots of questions though that got her thinking about how there can only be one true church and one baptism.  So hopefully we are making progress with her.  She came to church and is starting to make friends so that is really helping out!!!  The Riofrio family dodged us last week.  It was really sad!  The dad knows about our church 'cause his dad is a member.  He knows our standards and we feel like he doesn't want to change 'cause he enjoys partying with all his buddies in his squadron.  We saw his wife at Walmart and she was so excited to see us and is still very excited about the church!  We gave her a Spanish Book of Mormon and some Spanish pamphlets and she was so happy and thankful for that.  So we know she's still progressing!  Their son still goes to boy scouts which is good.  We're really gonna try and meet with them this week though.  Hopefully it happens! 
     Transfers is also this week but our small district of 4 Elders is staying the same!  Me and the other Elder are getting trained and it's a 12 week process so our trainers stayed here with us.  We all have fun on Mondays  whenever we get together.  I can't believe my first 6 weeks have already passed!  It seems like  yesterday when my mom was telling me I didn't have to go if I didn't want to and that I could just stay home with her... She was just too nice to say she couldn't handle me being gone for so long ;) hahaha jk. well not much has changed here.  We are all excited to skype our mothers on Mothers day!  We know they're even more excited haha!  Thanks again for all the love and support and the letters and emails!  I really appreciate it :)  Love you all!  
  Love,  Elder Jaden Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment