Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"If the bitter cup does not pass, drink it."

October 8, 2013
Hello!
  I hope everyone enjoyed conference as much as I did! If anyone did not watch all the sessions I would highly recommend it! I would feel like I'm missing out on lots of important information! There were too many wonderful talks for me to pick a favorite but I do remember my favorite quote. Jeffery R. Holland said, "If the bitter cup does not pass, drink it." How true is that!? I love Elder Holland he says it how it is. These trials in our life are meant to make us a stronger person only if we endure them well. And if we do then we will only come out a stronger person with a new and strengthened testimony. Our next trials will become easier to handle because of the experience that we've had. I feel like the trials we are facing now are only preparatory for harder and bigger trials in life to come. People think that if you do everything you're supposed to then life will just become easy. But its not like that at all. We will still be tempted and face many hard challenges but what becomes easier is putting our trust in the Lord knowing he would never give us anything we cannot endure. "If the bitter cup does not pass, drink it." Then leave the rest up to the Lord. He will pick up our slack. Another thing that I noticed was that Matthew 11:29-30 was quoted a lot which is when Jesus Christ tells us to take his yoke upon us. We are so lucky to have a savior and redeemer. All we have to do is do our best and leave the rest up to him. Conference was definitely uplifting and inspiring.
  These last couple days have been full of spiritual moments! We got to go to the temple yesterday. For everyone that is endowed and has not been for a while I would highly recommend going sometime soon! It was so inspiring and the spirit was there sooo strong! You really do have the best of feelings in the temple and can go there to find peace and comfort. It helps to understand the covenants you made and to always remember them. Things make a lot more sense the more you go. 
  As far as missionary work goes this area is really progressing! The investigators we do have are seriously progressing towards baptism. One lady we are teaching seriously is the most prepared person for the gospel I have EVER met. Things keep coming out the more we visit and teach and every time you can just see how the Lord prepares people throughout their life to receive His gospel. It is really sad though cause she is moving to Alaska and wants to wait to be baptized there so her fiancee can be there. Which really is not sad at all I'm just being selfish lol. She has a son who may wait until then as well but we are not sure. Our main focus now is to have them prepared for baptism by then and prepared to endure to the end. It really is the most exciting thing to see someone progressing through the gospel! And to see the happiness it brings in their life!
  Another thing I got from conference was missionary work! This Church like they said is one of the fastest growing in the world! Lets keep it up and fulfill the desire that Gordon B. Hinckley had to double our numbers! Us missionaries really need the help of the members. Member missionary work is the most productive and best way to bring people into this gospel. I would encourage everyone to pray for missionary opportunities and see the happiness it brings in your life :)
  I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend! Thanks for all the love and support! Love you all!
Love,

Elder Jaden Espinoza

The Elders in our district! Elder Recht, Elder Berryhill and I

The same Elders but with Elder Becar (my trainer)

The Albuquerque Temple


 Just a funny picture

No comments:

Post a Comment