Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

So last week was an absolutely wonderful week!!

October 1, 2013
  So last week was an absolutely wonderful week!! We had Zone Conference which is always very inspiring and uplifting. The main thing I got from it was obedience. There were lots of people who spoke on different topics but every single one of them spoke on obedience. Probably cause it is pretty important. It is the first law of Heaven! A question I know I plan on asking myself every time I'm tempted to not be fully consecrated is if I love that sin more that I love Jesus. For example, on a day where I just wanna sleep in a little extra I'm going to ask myself if I love my pillow more than Jesus. I would encourage everyone to do the same with the little things we are all working on! It really does help!
  I'm also very excited for general conference this coming week. I have lots of questions that I want answered and I know if I pay enough attention that they will all be answered. Same to everyone else. I would encourage you all to write down a few things you're maybe struggling with or questions that you have and I can promise you they will be answered. A scripture we read to people a lot is Amos 3:7 which says, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." How cool would it be to know the secrets of God? How awesome would it be to listen to someone who talks with God and knows exactly what we need to do in order to make it though this life so we can return to our Father in heaven. I know in the past I have definitely taken general conference for granted. Just think about how awesome it is to get to listen to the prophet and his apostles!
  We also get to go to the temple next Monday which I am even more excited about. I think my least favorite thing about being a missionary is we only get to go twice a year! But we are blessed to at least have a temple in our mission which I am very grateful for :)
  So we had lots of success last week! We had a family finally come to church! They've been saying they would come for about 2 months now and they came! It was fast Sunday so that's hit or miss but it was actually really good and I know they felt something. Their lives are already being blessed because of it. We talked to the wife later on that day and she said she is already seeing a difference in her husband! Awesome! We also have been teaching another family and two committed to baptism! SO exciting! The mother was agnostic/atheist really only wanting to learn about our religion cause her fiancee is a member. But now she knows this is the path she should be on cause everything we have been teaching her are things she has already believed and ways she has been living her life. So wonderful!!!!! Missionary work has brought me the most happiness in my life so far. Its amazing to see peoples lives change when they start learning about the gospel and start living it. This gospel really is for everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful week! Thanks for all the love and support! :)
Love,
Elder Jaden Espinoza


An old picture from about a month ago- Elder Espinoza and his previous companion Elder Bushman.

No comments:

Post a Comment