Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday, October 21, 2013

My first week as a district leader

October 21, 2013
Hello everyone!
 This last week was a good week! A little different than most. My first week as a district leader was a great learning experience. Kinda have a funny story. So district leaders have these big white boards where we make this chart thing that shows every areas numbers for the month. I completely remade the one that I got cause it really wasn't that nice. It took me hours and hours to finish and not gonna lie I felt pretty accomplished when I did! I was just really hoping my district would appreciate the new board I made. So anyways we bring these boards to district meeting and the companionships will come up and talk about what they did good for the week and what they wanna work on basically accounting for their last week. Guess what I did on my first district meeting ever. FORGOT THE BOARD! (My mom is probably not surprised) lol I was soooo disappointed cause I spent all this time on the board and got it looking really nice then boom I forgot the board. Not to mention our zone leaders came to my first district meeting which made me even more nervous and on top of that I forgot the board. But I think the district meeting went good and we all just laughed it off haha.
 So we have 2 baptisms this Saturday! We are soooo excited to see these two boys getting baptized. This is really going to be a wonderful addition to the Church! Its so wonderful to see people progress in this Gospel. Nothing has brought me more happiness so far in my life. Last week we taught the Gospel Principles class cause it was on missionary work. The Lord blesses us greatly for doing missionary work. We gave the class an opportunity to share some experiences of them doing missionary work. The most common thing I remember is that they all said they were soooo happy to see their friends accept the gospel. Most of them said it brought tears to their eyes immediately. I think joy is one of the greatest blessings we receive from missionary work. Not to mention all the other wonderful blessings and spiritual gifts we receive from it. I would encourage everyone and especially those of you who feel like they have not had enough joy in their life recently to start doing some missionary work and see the happiness it brings you in your life and the spiritual blessings you will receive! It really is the work of God.
 We have a few other people with baptism dates coming up soon so we are working hard to help prepare them for baptism. It still amazes me to see how the Lord is preparing people for his Gospel. It will never get old. And it will never stop. I think another blessing I received last week was my new comp! His name is Elder Hoggan. He's from Logan, Utah. Elder Hoggan from Logan lol. We were actually in the same district in the MTC so we were already good friends! From what I can tell this transfer is going to be a great one!! Hopefully we see a lot of success! Thank you all for all the love and support I receive weekly! Love you all and have a great week :)
Love,

Elder Jaden Espinoza

A picture from a couple weekends ago at their wards Fall Festival. They were the chili cook off judges.
 Elder Espinoza and his previous companion Elder Peterson.



No comments:

Post a Comment