Elder Espinoza

Elder Espinoza
Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

An amazing story!

August 26, 2014
So the branch is pretty awesome! Last week we found 2 investigators! One is an amazing story! So this girl has friends serving missions and she asked one of them what they teach and what do they do everyday so he told her to talk to the missionaries the next time she sees them which was the next day! So the missionaries she ran into were reading in the little white hand book for missionary rules and all that stuff and read how we should not travel the same roads regularly. The way their apartment is there is really only one way in and one way out to other areas that is convenient for them since they are on bikes but they decided to be more obedient to the white hand book and went another way thats way out of their way. Obviously this was a spiritual prompting since they were then able to run into the girl we are now teaching who had just talked with her friend serving a misison the day before. How awesome is that!? I mean if that's not sign enough that the Lord is definitely in charge of this work than idk what is! What are the chances of all of that happening? Zero in my book. So now we are teaching her and she is loving the lessons and coming to the activities and even brought a friend with her last night. My favorite part about the ysa branches is the fellowship that ysa give. Its truly amazing. So last week we were on exchanges with some other elders and they are on bikes (the same ones that talked to the girl we are now teaching) and i went to their area. Lets just say I am so not in biking shape first off hahahaha anyway we had a lesson with this one guy who first off is a very philosophical thinker and has a good knowledge of the bible. So we start taking about things like Joseph Smith and if hes really a prophet and prophecies from him and what not then we talk about the Book of Mormon and he said he didnt see the need for the Book of Mormon. Of course i could come up with a million reasons why we need to book of Mormon but he had his mind set already that there is no need so i jsut bore testimony of it. Plus I don't really like bible bashing haha I don't like making people doubt their faith ;) hahaha jk But anyway we went to a baptism of this family. The mom is Less Active and the kids and dad aren't baptized. but anyway just the kids got baptized and while they were changing they had a time for people to bear their testimonies. While someone was sharing theirs I started pondering that experience and realized that those kids getting baptized is why we need the book of Mormon. Without it that baptisms never would have happened and that family would not be experiencing the joy they now feel. The spirit was almost overwhelming in that room. I love baptisms!
Love Elder Espinoza

No comments:

Post a Comment